Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropped Frame Footage Recovery? (Solution inside from forum member)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for frame fixing you can try this tool:

http://framefixer.technolumiere.com

unfortunately they don't sell single user licenses anymore, but if you know where to look I'm sure you can find a "free" version.
    Vimeo profile
    VFX Showreel
    IMDB

Comment

K Stark, I have just encountered my first dropped frame issue with BMPCC, searched the web and was referred to your post in this thread by some colleagues. Out of everything I have looked through online, you seem to have the most in depth understanding of how this stuff works (I'm mainly just a shooter and not a post expert by any means). I hope you have the time, and are willing to help me out if possible. Here's my situation:

I shot an interview using a BMPCC (RAW), unfortunately, using the wrong choice of SD card. I ended up with dropped frames.

The BMPCC footage was shot as one clip (no stop-start in recording). However, I ended up with the interview split into MANY separate clips which seem to be divided by dropped frames. My Audio track however (internally recorded in BMPCC) is all in one piece. I can easily assemble my video footage in the right order but my main issue is that my footage grows more and more out of sync with my audio track as it goes on. What is really confusing is that my footage (the individual clips placed in sequential order) run LONGER than my audio track! I would think if I dropped frames in Video, but my Audio kept recording (which seem to be the case), I would end up with a SHORTER Video track!

I also have audio recorded externally, but in order to sync the footage with that, I first need to sync my footage with the internal audio (I use PluralEyes).

1) Do you have any idea if/how I can possibly sync my many little clips with the internally recorded audio track? Since I have a B-cam, the dropped frames in themselves are not an issue (I don't need to recreate them) as long as I can somehow sync my damaged video and audio.

2) Would you have any idea why my audio track be SHORTER than my video track?

Sorry about the long essay, just trying to be clear.

I would really really appreciate if you could share your expertise and help me out if you can.

Cheers!
      Roshan

Comment

I had pulled it down and then put it back up last December for someone. I'll try to send the new link when I get home tonight.
        This site is screwing up the link so I cant copy it from the old PM.
        PM me if I forgot.
        thanks
        "Senior Member"???... Really???...
        Not to be taken seriously...by anyone.....

Comment

Thanks a lot for getting back!
          It would be amazing if I could get access your program.
          In case it's easier, here's my email address: Roshan.vand@hotmail.com

Comment

try this:
            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...OLE_FILLER.exe

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

IMG_2769.jpg

This is what pops up when I START the program. When I click Continue on the error box nothing happens. If I attempt to START the program again after clicking continue, the Errorbox pops up again...
                The footage in one folder, in form of DNGs... Am I doing something wrong?
                Last edited by Roshan; 02-18-2015, 06:50 AM.

Comment

sent pm, found a limit I had to fix.

Comment

For anyone else, here's the fixed version:
                    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...OLE_FILLER.zip

you write down 10,000 and think that's plenty....good times...
                    knock on wood I never need this myself...

Comment

For the sake of those who might stumble upon this thread in search of cure for the broken up footage due to dropped frames:

Keith very kindly adjusted his program and it worked miraculously. It took literally 2 TWO SECONDS to process around 40 minutes of RAW footage, after which my RAW DNGs open in Resolve as one healthy sequence (which was initially broken up into many many clips due to dropped frames), fully in sync with audio!!!

Comment

Keith is a straight up genius and not only because of his awesome avatar.

Putting this little baby in my 'important software' archive, hopefully I never have to use it, but knowing it's there... yeah, feels good man.

Thanks Keith!

Bro hug.

Comment

Jumu,
                          thanks a lot.......really there's only like 30 lines of code to this, it's no big thing

Comment

Stickied

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
                            Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

Hi,

I'm getting a error like" File ..._00007.dng allready exists". Any ideas?

//edit: figured out that Jethro doesn't like exFat formatted drives too much works fine when I moved files to NTFS drive...
                              Last edited by MihaK; 06-21-2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MihaK View Post
                                Hi,

I'm getting a error like" File ..._00007.dng allready exists". Any ideas?

//edit: figured out that Jethro doesn't like exFat formatted drives too much works fine when I moved files to NTFS drive...

humm, I never tested it like that. I assume people would always move the files to a system drive first. Maybe dot net has an issue with ex-fat.
                                anyway, I would always work off of a copy of the files, not the source footage directly on the cards.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X