Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Mac Pro announced at WWDC 2013; does it meet your expectations/demands??????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by rawCAM35 View Post
    "this machine out of the box is the fastest I have ever seen it run"

    Fastest against what, an older Mac ?
    MARI was just written for MAC. Good try.
    Obviously didn't read the article.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by dustylense View Post
      MARI was just written for MAC. Good try.
      Obviously didn't read the article.
      We are not talking about the app, we are talking about speed, so they said the fastest, referenced to what ?

      Comment


      • #63
        It's a 3D painting program that runs on Windows or Linux that The Foundry is porting over to Mac OS.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by rawCAM35 View Post
          We are not talking about the app, we are talking about speed, so they said the fastest, referenced to what ?
          My guess would be any computer out of the box they ran MARI on. And being that MARI was just ported over to the MAC, my guess would be other Windows/Linux systems.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by uknovaboy View Post
            It's a 3D painting program that runs on Windows or Linux that The Foundry is porting over to Mac OS.
            I knew that, so you telling me that these guys ran MARI on the fastest PC in the market today and found out that it ran faster on the Mac pro?

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by rawCAM35 View Post
              I knew that, so you telling me that these guys ran MARI on the fastest PC in the market today and found out that it ran faster on the Mac pro?
              That is the implication, yes.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by uknovaboy View Post
                That is the implication, yes.
                I'm a paid-up iOS developer, but I think free dev accounts can watch these videos too:

                https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/videos/

                One of them, Painting the Future, features a demo of MARI on the new Mac Pro, and also that quote from the Pixar artist. Really nice insight into how high-end 3D animation is done these days.
                Iain Anderson, Apple Certified Trainer
                http://trainingbrisbane.com

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by funwithstuff View Post
                  I'm a paid-up iOS developer, but I think free dev accounts can watch these videos too:

                  https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/videos/

                  One of them, Painting the Future, features a demo of MARI on the new Mac Pro, and also that quote from the Pixar artist. Really nice insight into how high-end 3D animation is done these days.
                  Exactly. And to think that FCPX will be updated for this machine is mind-blowing. Go register, watch that Painting the Future, think about the amount of data these guys push and what the artists say about the new Mac Pro. Cuda... LOL...

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X