SD Card Detected By Pocket Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Card Detected By Pocket Only

Hi everyone. While almost everybody moved already to the new fella, the pocket 4K, I still use the old one BMPCC and experiencing some problems.

Actually since 2 years there have been no problems in that regard, but having formatted the sd card once in camera (I tried both of the two formats exfat and hfs+) the sd card started to work only in pocket camera, nowhere else. Neither in Windows 7, nor in a Mac. The Camera records, plays back, but no other device detects the card. No other camera either. I tried with a Nikon and Canon, also in a zoom h4n. I would suspect from a corrupted card but if it would be so, the pocket would also reject the card, but it isn´t. It is a sandisk extreme pro 128gb card.

I formatted the card many times, the result did not change.
    What do you suggest?
    If I would somehow able to reach the card in another device I would format it there, but this is not the case.
    I am not sure what to do, demanding your helps.

Sd card ..

Originally posted by KEzzAP View Post
    Hi everyone. While almost everybody moved already to the new fella, the pocket 4K, I still use the old one BMPCC and experiencing some problems.

Actually since 2 years there have been no problems in that regard, but having formatted the sd card once in camera (I tried both of the two formats exfat and hfs+) the sd card started to work only in pocket camera, nowhere else. Neither in Windows 7, nor in a Mac. The Camera records, plays back, but no other device detects the card. No other camera either. I tried with a Nikon and Canon, also in a zoom h4n. I would suspect from a corrupted card but if it would be so, the pocket would also reject the card, but it isn´t. It is a sandisk extreme pro 128gb card.

I formatted the card many times, the result did not change.
    What do you suggest?
    If I would somehow able to reach the card in another device I would format it there, but this is not the case.
    I am not sure what to do, demanding your helps.
    If you have someone around with a LINUX Machine , with , for instance " Gparted " , you could look at what is happening .. LINUX detects very well HFS . I had weird problems with EXFAT under Windows , and now always use HFS , Despite working under Windows 8 Pro .. I installed " HFSExplorer " , it works very well , and I never experienced any problem with HFS .. Those Drive problems may be ... a bit difficult to solve .. there are many free tools on the web ... I once could recover files on a broken Hard Drive which had been reformatted twice .. Incredible .. but it needs some Patience and some time . The most important is to have FAITH ...

Congratulations for your BMPCC .. For me , still a very nice Camera , the Colour Space is really Good ..
    Good Luck ! ! !

Mike ..

Comment

Can you record footage?
      Which brand is the SD Card? Is it on the recommended list?

Comment

Originally posted by S_Berger View Post
        Can you record footage?
        Which brand is the SD Card? Is it on the recommended list?

Yes it records. Actually I had no problem until I formatted the card in Camera.
        I have used the same card almost two years long, but now getting this wierd problem. The SD card works in the camera. Records and plays back, but nowhere else. I tried it in different devices.
        It is a sandisk extreme pro 128 GB.

Comment

I just had the same thing happen with a Samsung T5. I formatted the drive with the camera, and chose "exFAT" since the only other option was "OS X Extended". The drive is still working, but now my Windows 10 computer does not see it at all when I plug it in, regardless of which USB port I use, and it doesn't even show up in the "Disk Management" utility where I usually initialize drives that don't show up in windows explorer.

Anyone know what is the solution?

Comment

I have the same problem with my pocket4k. I can record and play the videos on the cam, but Windows says the card is corrupted and needs to format. What can I do? Has anyone a solution yet?

Comment

Originally posted by TaimosDailos View Post
              I have the same problem with my pocket4k. I can record and play the videos on the cam, but Windows says the card is corrupted and needs to format. What can I do? Has anyone a solution yet?
              Can't you connect the card from the camera via USBc?
              Álex Montoya on IMDB
              https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0600257/

Comment

Working...
              X