Kholi's Comet LUT 2019 for P4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallbaker View Post
    Does anyone have a workflow suggestion as to how these LUTS should be used? I just payed $40 for these and they just look as darkening and generic as all the others I've tried before.

I am remembering why I don't pay this much for LUTS. Can someone please recommend a workflow for either Davinci or Premiere ?

Looking to use them with Ursa mini 4.6k in this particular instance, but also have a pocket 4k.
    I have a few different LUTs loaded onto my cameras that I switch between for monitoring purposes. They are also good for burning in a LUT to ProRes when they look better than the Extended Video LUT and you have to hand-off or turnaround something that won’t be graded, though I haven’t done that personally myself.

They can also be a decent starting base for a grade to modify from if you’re a beginning colorist. Put the LUT as your final node and make adjustments on previous nodes. Personally I’ve very happy with how the P4K looks in ACES now as a starting base.
    Darren Hartman
    Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

Depending on the LUT, like Boz's for instance, if you expose using it; you can get a pretty finished look by applying it in the first node and then with minor balance in the folowing node.
      Last edited by jimagine; 11-20-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimagine View Post
        Depending on the LUT, like Boz's for instance, if you expose using it; you can get a pretty finished look by applying it in the first node and then with minor balance in the folowing node.
        Thanks guys, I think this is where I went wrong - I show raw but I exposed and previewed everything with the generic in-body ursa 4.6k lut. I'll throw a couple of Kholi's luts on my ursa and p4k and do some shooting with them in my preview and see how things go.
        Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

Working...
        X