Pro Res Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Res Export

Hello, I'm sure this is explained somewhere but I'm having a hard time finding it. When shooting in ProRes my workflow has been to work in Premiere and then export the xml into resolve and export to the web from there. I would like to include After Effects in the process to use Neat Video, warp stabilizer, and title work. My instinct would be do those things first and then go into resolve to color it but what do I export from after effects to take into Resolve? From what I understand I can't export pro res because Im on a windows machine. I just want to make sure I'm not losing quality before I go to grade the footage. Thanks so much

My last workflow was the following:

1. Edit in Premiere, export xml to resolve.
    2. Color grade it in Resolve. Render graded footage and round trip it to premiere.
    3. In premiere just open xml and save proprj.
    4. Open proprj in AE as premiere project and tittling that.

By your way you can grade the tittles too that sad and unpredictable.
    Andrew Bell
    Blackmagic Production 4K Camera
    https://www.youtube.com/user/reklama4demo

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGandy View Post
      My last workflow was the following:

1. Edit in Premiere, export xml to resolve.
      2. Color grade it in Resolve. Render graded footage and round trip it to premiere.
      3. In premiere just open xml and save proprj.
      4. Open proprj in AE as premiere project and tittling that.

By your way you can grade the tittles too that sad and unpredictable.
      Thanks for this. This would work well for the titles and majority of AE work. Do you use Neat Video to do any noise reduction? From what I have read you should do that before you color it.

Comment

Im bumping this to see if anyone has insight to improving my workflow. My two main concerns is my render settings from AE to Resolve and my Resolve export. This is using pro res files. There has to be an easier/more efficient way to do this.

1.) Edit in Premiere
        2.)Import Premiere timeline into AE. Use neat to reduce noise, add titles or effects
        3.)Export from AE using uncompressed Quicktime
        4.)Import new file into Davinci for coloring (I have to cut up the file again which can be a real pain for certain videos)
        5.)Export using h264

Comment

Working...
        X