Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone mounted an Tokina 11-16 canon mount with a built in aperture on the Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone mounted an Tokina 11-16 canon mount with a built in aperture on the Pocket

Im curious on how it vignettes. All the tests online are on the gh2.
    Last edited by Tyler Bell; 11-29-2013, 10:09 AM.

Seeing as it does not vignette on a GH2 (APS-C lens on MFT) it won't vignette on the Pocket.

Comment

WTH are you even asking here? Do you understand sensor size for one? I mean seriously dude. This seems like a fake post.

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
        WTH are you even asking here? Do you understand sensor size for one? I mean seriously dude. This seems like a fake post.
        Yeah that's the spirit vicharris. some new guy, who's not all sensor savvy comes along and asks a simple question, let's chew him up for not being as wonderfully bright as you. Why do you bother to answer if it annoys you so much?
        Last edited by Bart; 11-30-2013, 02:36 AM.
        www.vimeo.com/sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Bell View Post
          Im curious on how it vignettes. All the tests online are on the gh2.
          I have this lens, and an EF to MFT adapter with built-in aperture. I could test it for you on my BMPCC, however, I currently lack SD cards. They should be arriving sometime this week!

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
          It's because adapters with built-in apertures are known to cause vignetting.
          My Official Blackmagic Micro Footage: https://vimeo.com/155747487

Comment

The question was quite legit, dear vicharris!

Those apertures which are not in the place intended by lens design can be serious trouble.

Comment

I've used it with aperture adapter and there is NO vignette. It's a great lens on that camera. My only complaint is that I wish it was faster...like around a 1.8.
              instagram
              my work

Comment

I have tested it last week. I have EzFoto Canon EOS EF mount lens to MFT with build in aperture. It didn't vignette at widest aperture, but it vignette pretty quickly once you close down. I think this is one of the best lens solution for BMPCC for now.

Comment

Originally posted by nxy View Post
                  I have tested it last week. I have EzFoto Canon EOS EF mount lens to MFT with build in aperture. It didn't vignette at widest aperture, but it vignette pretty quickly once you close down. I think this is one of the best lens solution for BMPCC for now.
                  Really? I didn't notice that and I have the exact same adapter. The tokina I shot with belonged to a friend. The shoot was at night so I only had it at 2.8. I'll have to test again.
                  instagram
                  my work

Comment

Working...
                  X