Clear All

• New Panasonic 15mm F1.7 for MFT

LINK: http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/press...g_summilux_15/
    My Official Blackmagic Micro Footage: https://vimeo.com/155747487

Nice. Wonder if the new 35-100 they're mentioning will be F/2

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
    Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

I wonder how that new 35-100 will stack up compared to the current f2.8 model, both in price and performance.

Comment

Do you think there will be a new 12-35 coming up?

Comment

I'm loving the 25mm Leica on the BMPCC, the 15mm would compliment it nicely. If they can release a fast 9 or 10mm that would round out a nice kit. I suspect the new 35-100 could be F4... smaller than the current lens for better handling on smaller bodies.

Comment

Yeah I don't think they are replacing the current 12-35 and 35-100 fast zooms, rather, they just released a tiny 12-35 with slow aperture as a kit lens for the GM1...I'm expecting something similar...crazy small, a bit slow, for the new 35-100. (To be fair, I do not actually *know*, of course).

This 15 looks awesome.

Comment

nice lens!

Comment

someone help me please - bit off topic; in general, shouldn't it be easier to design a fast aperture zoom like the Sigma 18-35 for m4/3 than larger sensor systems? I had rather expected such a fast zoom for mirrorless systems first or is it just as difficult?

Comment

Interesting . . . they've put an aperture ring on this one. Nice touch.

+1 on the 9 or 10mm.

Comment

If this does have manual aperture, i hope it has manual focus too. Perfect for bmcc mft
                    Dustin Uy-Filmmaker

Comment

How do you guys deal with distortion on that lenses?
                      Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

So far I've shot with the Leica 25mm, Oly 9-18mm (for Four Thirds) and Lumix 45-200mm and have not noticed significant distortion with any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by dcloud View Post
                          If this does have manual aperture, i hope it has manual focus too. Perfect for bmcc mft
                          +1

Comment

I doubt there is manual focus because there are no focus marks on the lens. The focus is most likely electronically controlled unfortunately.

I have an idea to make the bmcc mft mount active for people who have a gh2. One can connect a wire from the gh2 len mount to the dumb mount on the bmcc mft. This would give power to the lens on the bmcc for focusing and you could control the apeture via the gh2. This could be done cheaply and could be very popular.
                            Last edited by rizibo; 10-22-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Look closer and you'll see an AF - MF switch. Full manual option on this lens is great.

Comment

Working...
                              X