• Show
Clear All

• Tokina 11-16mm DX II available for preorder on B&H

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...PRO_DX_II.html

When is this coming out?

Comment

Originally posted by JIKIJI View Post
      When is this coming out?
      You can get it right now if you really want to... from Asia.

Comment

Remember it's the Nikon DX version, not the Canon EF mount.

Comment

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...PRO_DX_II.html

Canon version here.

I'm assuming Tokina's been sending out samples for reviews, etc. Has anybody seen any reviews crop up yet? I'm interested to see what's changed from the original, besides the AF motor.

Comment

I've been looking everywhere for reviews and nada. nothing. If someone can find one I'd be amazed. From what I read in the press releases, it has new multi-coating for better flare control (problem for the first version), and some CA tweaking so that it's gone. I may hold out for new one, and rent the old one till I see what the reviews say about it. Should drop the price at least on the first version.

Comment

Since this lens is for APS-C what exactly is the crop factor on the BMC? Not sure how the Math works on this conversion.
              Carlos Israel
              http://www.producegoods.com
              http://www.producecreative.agency

Comment

Originally posted by mexicanmanchild View Post
                Since this lens is for APS-C what exactly is the crop factor on the BMC? Not sure how the Math works on this conversion.
                The crop factor is always the same (2.3x compared to full frame) as long as the image circle of the lens is large enough for the sensor you're using. Even if the image circle isn't large enough (such as 16mm glass), the crop factor would still be the same, there would just be vignetting. No additional math needed.
                Last edited by Macalincag; 07-27-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

2.3x compared to Full Frame DSLR's like the 5D.
                  1.6x for an APSC compared to the 5D.
                  If I wanted my films to look like the real world I'd buy a video camera.

Comment

Try this link. http://www.abelcine.com/fov/

Comment

Is there no solid EF lens adapter to mount a nikon dx lens ?
                      I haven't checked myself so maybe im wrong, but would the nikon version not be a better option with non electronic aperture?

I guess the focus throw hasn't be changed unfortunately isn'it?

v*

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Thomas View Post
                        Is there no solid EF lens adapter to mount a nikon dx lens ?
                        I haven't checked myself so maybe im wrong, but would the nikon version not be a better option with non electronic aperture?

I guess the focus throw hasn't be changed unfortunately isn'it?

v*
                        Have you looked on eBay? I found my Minolta M/MD to Canon EOS lens converter there.

Comment

Well, i found and bought a lot's of adapter of Ebay. For contax and Leica. Fact is most of then are okay to play but majority of then are not reliable .

Comment

I'm interested in de-clicking the nikon more then I am using the ef mount version, if that is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by RyGuy View Post
                              I'm interested in de-clicking the nikon more then I am using the ef mount version, if that is possible.
                              There's really nothing to "de-click" because there's no actual manual aperture ring. You can however, manually control the aperture with an adapter, but it isn't precise and you never know exactly which stop you're at. This is one of the many reasons why the Duclos 11-16mm is sought after, because you get exactly that, among other things.
                              Last edited by Macalincag; 07-29-2012, 02:50 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X