Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meteor 8m 1.8/9-38mm zoom lens - would a M42 to MFT adapter work for BMPCC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meteor 8m 1.8/9-38mm zoom lens - would a M42 to MFT adapter work for BMPCC?

As the title says, I've recently purchased a Meteor 8m, f stop 1.8 9-38mm zoom lens from the Ukraine, hoping to attach it to my Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera. The listing said it was a C-mount, of which I already had an adapter ring for in my collection, so I was a little disappointed to find out this was not the case when it arrived.

However, would the M42 to Micro Four Thirds adapter work in attaching it to my BMPCC? I understand it was designed specifically for the Meteor-5-1 lens but could it also be used for my lens? How do I know if my mount is M42?

Also, could the T2 to MFT potentially work with this thread mount?

Would appreciate any advice, thank you
    Attached Files

I'm sorry, am I idiot; is that why no one has responded to this thread?

If I don't understand my own equipment and what lenses are appropriate then please enlighten me; I'm more than happy to learn. It would be nice to know if I can still make use of this lens for my BMPCC or if I need to ask for a refund and return the item.

Comment

That is an 8mm zoom, perfectly useable in ETC mode.

But the T2 adapter is usually for Japanese lenses. The internal mountings to which some C mounts, but mostly SLR mounts, are attached. Introduced by Tamron. The M42 adapter will not take this zoom. You have been misled.

Comment

Working...
      X