so if I wanted to buy a set of lenses for the BMC
    Wide Angle Lens would have to be 11mm 16mm 18mm
    A Normal Lens would be 23mm
    And a Telephoto Lens would be 32mm , 54mm
    Am I right?
    Really confused!

Yep, you're right.

Comment

I was looking at the lovely list of Zeiss Distagon lenses on a grey market store and figured a great combo would be the 18mm (medium to wide shot, not photographically wide, but a "wide shot"), 21mm (medium to close shot) and 35mm (dialogue, tele shot) which comes to about $5K. Grab the Tokina for those wide angle shots.

Granted, you don't get the benefits of the cine housing in the CP.2 lenses.

Comment

Wouldn't it be better to get a normal lens with f/1.4?
        gives me headaches.
        Last edited by JIKIJI; 07-02-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I would need the equivalent of the Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.4 lens but for 23mm, so 23mm f/1.4?
          I'm guessing the Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by nickjbedford View Post
            I was looking at the lovely list of Zeiss Distagon lenses on a grey market store and figured a great combo would be the 18mm (medium to wide shot, not photographically wide, but a "wide shot"), 21mm (medium to close shot) and 35mm (dialogue, tele shot) which comes to about $5K. Grab the Tokina for those wide angle shots.

Granted, you don't get the benefits of the cine housing in the CP.2 lenses.
            Where did you get a good price on Zeiss?

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lipetz View Post
              Where did you get a good price on Zeiss?
              http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au

That doesn't count potential international tax / customs costs.

Comment

I was itching to buy that Zeiss Planar too. Inexpensive price for a Zeiss, and f1.4 too.

What I've settled on is the Samyang (or their numerous brand names) 24mm f1.4. Everybody that has reviewed has had great things to say about it, and it won't force you to take out a second mortgage on the house.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by EvilKoala View Post
                  I was itching to buy that Zeiss Planar too. Inexpensive price for a Zeiss, and f1.4 too.

What I've settled on is the Samyang (or their numerous brand names) 24mm f1.4. Everybody that has reviewed has had great things to say about it, and it won't force you to take out a second mortgage on the house.

-Chris
                  Yeah I was looking at the Samyang 24mm f1.4 too and I'm glad I'm not the only one to settle on it.

Comment

for the wide angle, I don't think you need any more than the Tokina >> http://www.flickriver.com/lenses/tokina/atx116prodx/
                    I can't wait to test it on the BMC

Comment

Originally posted by JIKIJI View Post
                      for the wide angle, I don't think you need any more than the Tokina >> http://www.flickriver.com/lenses/tokina/atx116prodx/
                      I can't wait to test it on the BMC
                      This is 1.5x crop already (D300), so it won't be this wide (2.3/1.5 = 1.53x more cropped).

Here is the crop factor.

Comment

yes I understood that the tokina lens will look like a 24mm f/2.8 on the BMC, but thanks anyways, I don't need any wider

Comment

Originally posted by nickjbedford View Post
                          http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au

That doesn't count potential international tax / customs costs.
                          What about the import duty. Here in Netherlands you get a nice extra bill from the duty custom bureau there is no escape !!

Comment

Working...
                          X