LUMIX G X Vario Lens, 12-35mm, F2.8 ASPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LUMIX G X Vario Lens, 12-35mm, F2.8 ASPH

What's the opinion on this lens vs Sigma 18-35.

My options are the Lumix or Sigma with a viltrox speedbooster.
    Don't say "get a metabone".
    Because then I might as well buy a $1300 lens.
    Which is out of my budget.

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
    What's the opinion on this lens vs Sigma 18-35.

My options are the Lumix or Sigma with a viltrox speedbooster.
    Don't say "get a metabone".
    Because then I might as well buy a $1300 lens.
    Which is out of my budget.
    I like the 12-35 on the p4k much more than on the GH5 since it doesn't use the lens profile which has too much sharpening but you'll also get a bit of barrel distortion on the wide end. Its not as nice to use because its not a linear focus throw. Im not sure how it compares to the 18-35 though.

Comment

IŽd say it depends on your other gear.
      I use the 18-35, already used it with my BMCC and EOS Photo Camera, so I bought a Viltrox to use it with my Pocket 4k.

With the 12-35 you get a more compact lens with IS that mounts without an adapter to your camera.
      So some sort of stealth-factor is still there with this combo, whereas the Pocket with an adapter and the Sigma is quite bulky.

Comment

If you need to go small and light the 12-35 is the way to go. Great on a Tilta GX2 or Ronin etc. or if you need to lock off wide with a small foot print.

If you need to look "cine" to impress the client, you are going to pull focus and you want bokeh with talent isolation then get the adapter and the 18-35.

I am sending my PK4 to South America this month. I may or may not send the 12-35. In SA our market is typically adapters with EF lens so we are undecided whether to take it or sell it in the USA.

For you it is going to come down to whom do you have to be in the eyes of your client and what is the desired image depth of field.

The 12-35 is great for events when you want infinity focus or relatively deep depth of filed. Technically speaking it is an almost fast, wide angle lens for a mid size sensor; if you are looking for bokeh look elsewhere. It does produce a pleasant bokeh considering its speed and wide angle however if you want "bokeh" don't get this lens.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X