Suggestion for a image stabilized EF mount zoom lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for a image stabilized EF mount zoom lens

I'm looking for an affordable (less than 1K) EF mount zoom lens with image stabilization. This is to be used with the UMP for event and Run-n-Gun event filming. IS is key. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by EYu; 08-05-2019, 09:43 AM.

Will a EF-S lens be compatible with the UMP G2 sensor size?
    Something like this? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._5_5_6_is.html

Comment

Really like the Canon 17-55 2.8. Run the sensor in crop mode to avoid vignetting.

Comment

Originally posted by soarprod View Post
        Really like the Canon 17-55 2.8. Run the sensor in crop mode to avoid vignetting.
        That's a nice lens too. It does vignette on full sensor and I need it to support full sensor without vignetting. I'm also looking for 18-135mm range because I just want to bring a single lens and not have to change it during the event. There is one but it is an EF-S mount. I'm assuming the mount is compatible with the EF but it is for APS-C sensor which concerns me without having test it yet.

Comment

The 17-55 has really nice IS. Vignette may not be that bad.

Originally posted by EYu View Post
          That's a nice lens too. It does vignette on full sensor and I need it to support full sensor without vignetting. I'm also looking for 18-135mm range because I just want to bring a single lens and not have to change it during the event. There is one but it is an EF-S mount. I'm assuming the mount is compatible with the EF but it is for APS-C sensor which concerns me without having test it yet.

Comment

Another lens with good IS is the Canon 24-105mm f4

Comment

Working...
            X