Nikon 20mm 2.8 AIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon 20mm 2.8 AIS

I am looking to extend my set of Nikon primes on the wide end, in particular looking at the 20mm AIS 2.8 - any experience here using them on the pocket (old & new)? Seems like after a certain serial number they have a different coating (SIC) and close focus mechanism (CRC). Anyone can speak to whether that makes a big difference? I went back to check and seems like most of my other Nikons don't have the SIC.

I have Nikon Ai-S lenses and I have not been aware of changes to coating or focus mechanisms WITHIN an established line. Meaning that whenever they make changes that significant it generally comes with a new name. Ai vs. Ai-S for example.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

If you look here theres quite a few lenses, where Nikon changed the coating without renaming it. The 24mm 2.8, the 28mm 2.8 and 2.0 and the 35mm 1.4 to name just a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Jonathan View Post
        If you look here theres quite a few lenses, where Nikon changed the coating without renaming it. The 24mm 2.8, the 28mm 2.8 and 2.0 and the 35mm 1.4 to name just a few.
        Interesting. Nice find.

Looks like I've been lucky... my 28mm and 35mm are in the serial range that people seem to prefer. I did pay premium for them though...
        I got the Voightlander 20mm instead of the Nikkor and have always liked it for its super small size. Now I've got the bug to get the Nikkor too!
        Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
        Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
        Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Working...
        X