Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever hear of a Meike 25mm T2.2 Cine Prime??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever hear of a Meike 25mm T2.2 Cine Prime??

I recently found a lens online made by a company called Meike. They are making what they call a 25mm T2.2 cine lens that has a native M4/3 mount and they are saying it will be available in E and EF later. Have any one heard of this lens or tried it out? All I find are releases about it that are almost a year old but I cant find any reviews about it anywhere. It looks almost like a Veydra lens. Any input about it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Paul

Image_18.jpg
    Z Cam E2, Panasonic GH5, BMPCC and a little Canon EOS-M shooting 14 bit RAW 🙂
    Small set of MMJ Contax Zeiss prime lenses
    Full set of Canon FD SSC lenses
    Set of Meike T2.2 cinema lenses
    Small set of Russian prime lenses

If you scroll down half a page you'll find the discussion so far. No tests or reviews that we know of so far. General consensus is that it's a Veydra knock off, how close and how good is unknown. It is a mirrorless lens so if popular it may have other mounts, but never EF, EF-M is possible. Only cover aps-c super35.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I missed that thread somehow. It is interesting. I will have to do more research into it and see what I can find.

Thanks

Comment

Look like another one of those Mieke Mouse lens. Sorry cant resist

Comment

Lol

Comment

I made a review on the 16mm T2.2 lens that Meike has out.

https://youtu.be/swHkerVvXGo

After using these lenses for awhile I have have really appreciated the quality of images these give. I have started selling these lenses directly. I was told the 12mm and 35mm will be released around the June/July time frame.

Comment

Is that timeline direct from Meike? I had asked cine gear pro, the only online dealer that has declared the whole set is coming, and they said maybe August/September for the 35, beyond that it's unknown. They seem to be about 6 to 8 months between each focal length which would suggest it's not as simple as having Veydra's plans, they have to engineer the process.

Comment

Yes, the main sales manager told me that the 12mm and 35mm will be released around the June/July time frame.

Comment

Working...
                X