SLR Magic Micro Prime Cine Lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLR Magic Micro Prime Cine Lenses

Any NAB attendees out there who can tell us more about these new lenses?

slr_magic.jpg
    vimeo.com/kenfranks

I'm interested too!

Comment

This guy is saying they're E-mount?

slr_magic.jpg
      vimeo.com/kenfranks

Comment

probably similar or rehoused the same e mount lenses they have. the newer ones ( 35mm f.12 ; 50mm etc )

Comment

I have paid little attention to Sony E-mount cameras...
          Can we get them onto a MFT mount? Or is that not even possible?
          I dont see a Metabones Speedbooster in E-to-MFT at B&H.
          Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
          Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
          Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
            Can we get them onto a MFT mount? Or is that not even possible?
            I dont see a Metabones Speedbooster in E-to-MFT at B&H.
            Someone offers mount conversion for the Fujinon MK lenses to mft, so it's possible to do that. But due to both being mirrorless with tiny flange distances, there is no space for a speedbooster.

Comment

Yes, DP there is only about 1mm difference between the two mounts.
              So at $800 to 1200 each (depending on the focal length) the Veydra Mini Primes are in about the same price category, and they do come in MFT mounts, especially at the 25-50mm focal lengths.

If you are interested, I have a set of new Veydra Mini Primes, 12mm, 16mm, 25mm and 35mm for sale, PM me for details. See the For Sale / Want to Buy Page
              Cheers
              Last edited by Denny Smith; 04-10-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I still dream about using these lenses with my soon-to-be-released Pocket 4K.

It's possible right? You wouldn't need a speedboaster. Just a simple m43 > E-Mount adapter since these lenses are manual? Right?
                vimeo.com/kenfranks

Comment

No, the lenses would have to have their E mount replaced with a MFT mount. A Sony E Mount to MFT adapter does not exist, there is only about 1mm difference in FFD between the two mounts, so no room for an adapter.
                  Cheers

Comment

I don't get it. There's such a thing as a MFT to PL adapter. I've never physically held a PL lens before, but the mount itself sure looks a lot bigger than an E-mount.

EDIT: Just read that the FFD for a PL mount is 52mm, while E-mount is 18mm, and MFT is 19.25mm. Now I get it.
                    Last edited by Finster; 08-14-2018, 12:51 AM.
                    vimeo.com/kenfranks

Comment

Yes, Canon EF, Nikon and PL all have a much longer FFD than E mount or MFT. The difference between Canon EF and Nikon F is just enough to allow for a very thin adapter. The difference between E and MFT at 1.25mm is just too close.
                      Cheers
                      Last edited by Denny Smith; 08-20-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

If Veydra is indeed dead, I hope they offer MFT version, or interchangeable mounts. Maybe Duclos can do a conversion.

Comment

Working...
                        X