Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compact Fast/Wide Manual MFT Lens on a budget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compact Fast/Wide Manual MFT Lens on a budget?

My primary focus is the lens being compact ( similar to the lumix 20mm 1.7 ) for use on my BMPCC.

I had the lens earlier but had to sell due to my MFT electronic mount malfunctioning. So as that would suggest I need a manual lens. ( Aperture/Focus )
    No focus by wire.

Prime or Zoom/ 2.8 or faster is preferable.

Any suggestions? I'd want a similar price to the Lumix as well. $200-$400.

Thanks
    Last edited by Zolac; 03-27-2017, 04:36 PM.

It's not fast but Rokinon makes a 7.5mm/f3.5 that's pretty small and manual. However it does fall in that price range.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...5_Fisheye.html

Comment

You can use this one, it covers s16 sensor: http://www.rmaelectronics.com/kowa-l...gapixel-rated/

Comment

DP Stewart is selling a nice SLR Magic 12mm Hyperprime lens for $350, see http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...1-6-HyperPrime
        Cheers

Comment

I can confirm the Kowa lens Robert mentioned works great (*cough* I totally *cough* have one for sale *cough*). However, adding ND filters and the like would be a challenge without something like a slip mount from MidOpt if you don't have a matte box. Also, I can confirm using a matte box with the lens is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by PeopleCanFly View Post
            I can confirm the Kowa lens Robert mentioned works great (*cough* I totally *cough* have one for sale *cough*). However, adding ND filters and the like would be a challenge without something like a slip mount from MidOpt if you don't have a matte box. Also, I can confirm using a matte box with the lens is hilarious.
            You can add a step up ring and get filers on the lens without any issues. Also you can just add cokin P instead of matte box, which is light and versatile setup. Sold it with Pocket, but the front diameter is 55 or 58mm (don't remember).

Comment

Hi, I have the Panasonic 20 1.7. So for the BMPCC, it comes to like a 38mm lens, more or less. This is a great focal length but not the widest angle. Depends on what you are using it for. The Pannie 20 is about the last lens I go for when using the BMPCC. It has Panny character but lacks general character. Get the Panny 15 perhaps. The 16mm Zeiss Tevidon is solid. Lots of character. Even more compact than the Panny. What I have noticed is Zeisses are a tad sterile. But it seems every time in a pinch, the motto is: Can't go wrong with a Zeiss. That is true about 99% of the time in my experience.

Comment

The OP is looking for a manual MFT lens, so no Oly or Panny MFT auto lenses will work.

Comment

Working...
                X