Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new Sigma lenses announced! (including 85mm ART)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Sigma lenses announced! (including 85mm ART)

Sigma Announces 85mm f1.4 Art, 12-24mm f/4 Art, 500mm f/4 OS Sport

https://www.sigmaphoto.com/…/photoki...form=hootsuite

http://www.canonrumors.com/sigma-ann...m-f4-os-sport/
    Last edited by Dan K; 09-19-2016, 10:35 AM.
    Blackmagic Design User Group UK

Hmm, that 12-24 f/4 sounds like a nice accessory for my SpeedBooster.

Comment

Was actually hoping to see a 24-70mm 2.8 ART. Can't have it all.

Comment

they said they were trying to match the quality of the otus 85mm f1.4 but then including autofocus option for more then half the price of the otus. Sounds good:-)
        www.broodjeaapfilm.nl
        https://www.instagram.com/perrymulder/

Comment

this is a definite buy. But this is also an indication of how expensive the CINE glass will be.

Comment

Originally posted by mjamerson View Post
            this is a definite buy. But this is also an indication of how expensive the CINE glass will be.
            Hows that?

The new 85 is not that much more than the list price of the other ART primes.

For example:
            20mm= $899
            50mm = $949

All of those are available much cheaper in retail.

The CINE lenses will be more expensive but a lot of that is due to materials, construction and lower volumes.
            Adam Roberts
            www.adamroberts.net

Comment

Originally posted by mjamerson View Post
              I reckon the cine primes are going to be about $3-5K each.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Sandiford View Post
                I reckon the cine primes are going to be about $3-5K each.
                Yeah... probably close to CP.2 price point. I think they might struggle to get a lot of sales tho as there is a lot of competition in that space now and they are simply re-housed stills lenses where as the CP.2 might use the same optics but they have updated iris and interchangeable mounts.

Time will tell.
                Adam Roberts
                www.adamroberts.net

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Roberts View Post
                  Hows that?

The new 85 is not that much more than the list price of the other ART primes.

For example:
                  20mm= $899
                  50mm = $949

All of those are available much cheaper in retail.

The CINE lenses will be more expensive but a lot of that is due to materials, construction and lower volumes.

I know they will be more than the photo lenses, I agree with Michael they will be pushing that 3-5k each as they don't mind going head to head price wise with canon. They will definitely be at least twice the cost of the standard photo lenses.

Comment

Twice the cost would be very good.

Comment

I talked to the guys at Sigma at Photokina yesterday and they are supposedly thinking about offering them at a discounted price when you buy a set. No confirmation, but they are thinking about pricing options. The official wording is still "less than 5K per lens".

The lenses itself look great, sadly there was only the 50 and the S35 zooms, but these look awesome indeed. Not a lot more to say, characteristics are known from the photo versions, everything smooth as silk. I guess it comes down to the price.

Comment

Link here to a pdf for lens cover on Blackmagic sensors http://www.sigma-global.com/common/c...meras_v2.1.pdf

Comment

The staff at photokina told me that the optics were the same as the photography Art line. Meaning..no new special coating or less lensbreathing..so optically they will be identical, as theybsaid that with the 18-35 f1.8 and the 50-100 they already had cinema quality with no to low lensbreathing in mind. So if you don't need the pl and focusgears I guess the photolenses are the better deal here if they really will be 4 to 5000 each. Shows how amazing the 18-35 art actually is for the price eh. Im super happy with it.
                          www.broodjeaapfilm.nl
                          https://www.instagram.com/perrymulder/

Comment

Originally posted by Perry Mulder View Post
                            T the 50-100 they already had cinema quality with no to low lensbreathing in mind.
                            Have they used their own lens?

JK, but I agree. I bet if you put a huge focus gear ring on like Darren uses you get the same amount of rotation.

Comment

It would not be wise to price these similarly to the CP2s. Theres no incentive to take them over an established brand.

500 more than the XEEN lenses makes them fit right at home. 3.2 to 3.5
                              Steve Lee Jean
                              Busan, South Korea + Los Angeles, CA

Comment

Working...
                              X