No announcement yet.

Poor man's Angenieux - Tokina AT-X-Pro 28-70mm F2.6-2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it is a f/2.6-2.8, then you should be good.
    Cheers

Comment

• I know, but I'd rather go with the PRO I, and those look like the three tabs from the bayonet version, right?

Comment

• Looks that way, the ProI has no tabs at all.
        Cheers

Comment

• That is definitely the bayonet model.

Interestingly I have three models: One f2.6-2.8 MkII Pentax mount (bayonet hood), and two f2.8 MkI Nikon mount (screw-on hood).

I've been testing them - shooting charts, different scenes, objects and shooting environments - and they are indeed the same optical design. Of the versions I have, the best is one of the f2.8 MkI. It is sharper and has the best control of glow/blooming. The colour rendition, bokeh, and general character of the lenses are basically the same.

Comment

• I've peeked at this thread since Frank started it.
            I love Frank's work and aesthetic, which is a lot more than his glass obviously, but it was his work with rokinons that first got me to try them where I never really consider them before.

He get's such a great classic look to much of his work (antique sports car doc is a lovely example.) that I figured I'd have to try one of these eventually.
            So now being that time, I was really surprised at how many near mint to mint Japanese versions I found tonight - the f/2.8 versions but with the screw in hood, so V.1

Anyway I just ordered a mint version for about $200.
            Almost silly inexpensive but this sounds like fun.

I forgot to ask, and not to sound dumb but is this internal zoom without a rotating front element?
            Tanx.

Comment

• Awwww, thanks for the warm words - glad you like my work.

No rotating at all.
              Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

• This lens is a great find. It looks like it would cut well with some of the vintage Russian lenses like the Helios 58mm and Jupiter 85mm based on its look and flare.
                www.jonschweigart.com

Comment

• On the market for one and in need of glass pretty soon if anyone around europe has a lead. This one or the Angie original.... I am in Berlin prepping a shoot at the moment. Curious if the Nikon version is any different then the canon other then one is with manual aperture. One guy on ebay say they were not performing the same at all but not sure i believe this. I am speaking of the Angie original...sorry, not trying to change topic! Anyway, Pm me if you got one you want to let go of...thanks for this thread. Always appreciate learning about new (old) glass. cheers Clay
                  Clay Haskell
                  WRITER | DIRECTOR
                  www.HASKELLFILMS.com

Comment

• Go to ebay. I found three original screw in caps from Japan (not labeled 2.6 - 2.8 but the Japanese version of just 2.8)

Anyway they're are several available on ebay inexpensively and in great shape.

Comment

• Thanks...I am looking. Sent you a PM.
                      Clay Haskell
                      WRITER | DIRECTOR
                      www.HASKELLFILMS.com

Comment

• Got your PM and wanted to pst this to make sure you got it.

Hi Clay, Here's a great copy in original leather case. There are several others once you get there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322374450741...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

• Thanks!
                          Clay Haskell
                          WRITER | DIRECTOR
                          www.HASKELLFILMS.com

Comment

• Hey Clay, I've just sent you a private message about one in mint condition I've got to available.

Comment

• Originally posted by trispembo View Post
                              Hey Clay, I've just sent you a private message about one in mint condition I've got to available.
                              If Clay doesn't bite, I'm interested. What are you asking for it?

Comment

• Just sent you a message.

Comment

Working...
                                X