Kinor 16 OKS lenses lenses v.s. Yashica ML tested on BMMCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinor 16 OKS lenses lenses v.s. Yashica ML tested on BMMCC

OKS1-25-1 T2.7, OKS2-20-1 T1.9, OKS3-15-1 T2 compared to Yashica ML 28mm and 50 mm

OKS 15mm T2.0 + ND

OKS 20mm T1.9 + ND

Yashica 50mm f1.4 +ND

OKS 15mm T2.8

OKS 20mm T2.8

OKS 25mm T2.7

Yashica 28mm f2.8

Yashica 50mm f2.8

OKS 15mm T4

OKS 20mm T4

OKS 25mm T4

Yashica 28mm f4

Yashica 50mm f4

OKS 15mm T5.6

OKS 20mm T5.6

OKS 25mm T5.6

Yashica 28mm f5.6

Yashica 50mm f5.6

OKS 15mm T8

OKS 20mm T8

OKS 25mm T8

Yashica 28mm f8

Yashica 50mm f8
    Last edited by shijan; 01-14-2018, 01:51 PM.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Lens Flare test. Added Yashica ML Zoom 35-105. Same as previous test all shoot in RAW, processed in DaVinci Resolve with ARRI LogC timeline and Alexa LogC to Video LUT. No any additional color correction.

OKS-15mm-T2.0

OKS-15mm-T2.8

OKS-15mm-T4

OKS-15mm-T5.6

OKS-15mm-T8

OKS-15mm-T11

OKS-15mm-T16

OKS-20mm-T1.9

OKS-20mm-T2.8

OKS-20mm-T4

OKS-20mm-T5.6

OKS-20mm-T8

OKS-20mm-T11

OKS-20mm-T16

OKS-25mm-T2.7

OKS-25mm-T4

OKS-25mm-T5.6

OKS-25mm-T8

OKS-25mm-T11

OKS-25mm-T16

Yashica-28mm-f2.8

Yashica-28mm-f4

Yashica-28mm-f5.6

Yashica-28mm-f8

Yashica-28mm-f11

Yashica-28mm-f16

Yashica-50mm-f1.7

Yashica-50mm-f2

Yashica-50mm-f2.8

Yashica-50mm-f4

Yashica-50mm-f5.6

Yashica-50mm-f8

Yashica-50mm-f11

Yashica-50mm-f16

Yashica-Zoom35-105mm-35mm-f3.5

Yashica-Zoom35-105mm-35mm-f5.6

Yashica-Zoom35-105mm-35mm-f8

Yashica-Zoom35-105mm-35mm-f11

Yashica-Zoom35-105mm-35mm-f16

Yashica-Zoom35-105mm-50mm-f3.5

Yashica-Zoom35-105mm-50mm-f5.6

Yashica-Zoom35-105mm-50mm-f8

Yashica-Zoom35-105mm-50mm-f11

Yashica-Zoom35-105mm-50mm-f16
    Last edited by shijan; 01-14-2018, 02:25 PM.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

The Yashicas sure do make some far out sunstars.
        Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
        Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
        Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

yep, Yashicas flares looks less natural to me. But they have very cool purple-violet soft gradient flare. Sometimes, if there is no direct point of light in the frame, it looks similar to anamorphic )
          Also when you rotate focus ring on Zoom lens (which usually have rotating front lenses elements), the flares shape is changing. Its like two different flare layers blended one to another.
          Last edited by shijan; 07-30-2016, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Here are also a few photos of disassembled lens. Useful if someone decide clean the helicoid on same lens. Actually those photos from older OKS, but main structure is almost the same. Also suggested don't unscrew lens module from the main body until you really need this.
            The photos provided by Olex Services Lenses https://sites.google.com/site/olexservicelenses/home
            image001.jpgimage002.jpg

Comment

Today my RafCamera Kinor-16SX-2 to MFT adapter with screws arrived. I got it for free from Rafael of RafCamera, because the bayonet lock version didn't fit my LOMO 16 OKS 3-10-1 f/2.1 10 mm. But the simpler version with screws fits as a glove! The lens is fastened securily with three allen screws, using the attached allen key. Rafael explained to me that the bayonet lock version isn't a adapter who fit all 16 OKS prime lenses, as it has a removable back which may be adjusted with three screws. Simpler version is safer for use with the OKS primes (and possible for OPF zooms) since it has longer inner space due to absence of the removable back. RafCamera is really a realible company who cares about its customers, giving support beyond what can be expected. And I won't hesitate to buy a whole set of adapters if necessary to fit my future OKS primes set.

16 OKS 3-10-1 f2.1 10 mm,.jpg

There were still some residues from the anodising black lacquer which rubbed off on my fingers, so I had to clean and polish the adapter with household toilet paper and some linen cloth before I could attach it to the lens. It has two grooves to chose from, when inserting the lens to the adapter; I choose the one which makes all important information on the barrel visible from above. When mounted to the MFT mount of the BMPCC, the flaps (thumb grip) of the focus ring goes all the way around the barrel, underneath it, which would make it ankward to use it when applied to a base plate with 15 mm rods. I will buy some kind of follow focus gear ring for the lens in the future. But the most important thing is that I now can see a image from the lens looking at the screen, so the flange distance seems to be o.k. from what I can see. I will take some shots with the lens in the weekend to see if focus is optimal, but everything looks ok right now. However, the lens, being a 10mm, vignettes quite heavily on both sides (not just the corners) and there is obvious barrel distortion (but that should be expected from a 10mm lens); it almost looks like a fish-eye. But the viewing angle is great, giving opportunity to take very wide shots. Either cropping 2.40:1 or zooming in post, or both, will do the trick with the vignetting.
              https://guerillafilmsoldier.wordpress.com/

Camera
              Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
              Zenit Meteor 5-1 f/1.9 17-69mm
              LOMO 16 OKS 3-10-1 f/2.1 10 mm
              Krasnogorsk-3 pistol grip with telescopic shoulder stock
              Fancier FC-270A Tripod with FC-02H Fluid Head

Workstation
              Windows 10 Pro
              Resolve 12.5.4.019
              ASUS X99-A
              Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3 GHz 15MB
              16GB RAM Corsair DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengeance
              ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual OC 3GB
              Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD
              Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

Comment

Thomas, a 10mm lens for 16mm or S16 should not have heavy barrel distortion. The SLR Magic MFT lens distortion is very well controlled, as is the 9.5mm Super Speed S16 lens. But putting a std.16mm lens on the Pocket camera is going to bring out all the edge defects, not meant to be included in the film gate frame. My Russian made Optica Elite 9.5m. Even covers the BM Micro 4K sensor (which is a little larger than the Pocket camera sensor).

Either yiurmlens has a small projected image circle, or the FFD for the adapter is off. See if you can focus to inf, if not the FFD is lol long, which would reduce your lens' projected image circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Smith View Post
                  Either yiurmlens has a small projected image circle, or the FFD for the adapter is off. See if you can focus to inf, if not the FFD is lol long, which would reduce your lens' projected image circle.
                  Thank's for the tip. It seems that infinity focus is found before the infinity symbol hits the mark, rather somewhere at 1 m. When I push focus beyond 1 m the image loose focus again. I checked the lens with my Kinor-16 and here infinity was corresponding with the infinity symbol. May this be a sign that the FFD is to far off on the adapter?

Camera

Workstation
                  Windows 10 Pro
                  Resolve 12.5.4.019
                  ASUS X99-A
                  Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

Comment

Its ok, my 15 mm OKS lens also don't fits into focusing marks. Wider lenses needs more precise shimming. Try to add 0.1mm or thiner shims from foil or Oracal tape.
                    Also you can declick this lens by unscrewing rear coil element which holds two small metal balls and springs. This also helps to fit 10 and 15 mm lenses to Rafcamera bayonet adapter. See the photo in first post.
                    Last edited by shijan; 01-31-2017, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shijan View Post
                      Its ok, my 15 mm OKS lens also don't fits into focusing marks. Wider lenses needs more precise shimming. Try to add 0.1mm or thiner shims from foil or Oracal tape.
                      I undscrewed the thee allen srews which holds the lens in place inside the adapter, and pushed it out just a tiny bit, perhaps one milimetre or so, or less. But the focus was entirely off; I could only focus up to a couple of metres from the lens. So, perhaps the problem is that the flange distance is to long after all.

Also you can declick this lens by unscrewing rear coil element which holds two small metal balls and springs. This also helps to fit 10 and 15 mm lenses to Rafcamera bayonet adapter. See the photo in first post.
                      Could you elaborate on this please.

Camera

Workstation
                      Windows 10 Pro
                      Resolve 12.5.4.019
                      ASUS X99-A
                      Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

Comment

Originally posted by Tomas Stacewicz View Post
                        I undscrewed the thee allen srews which holds the lens in place inside the adapter, and pushed it out just a tiny bit, perhaps one milimetre or so, or less. But the focus was entirely off; I could only focus up to a couple of metres from the lens. So, perhaps the problem is that the flange distance is to long after all.
                        1mm is too large shim. try 0.1mm or smaller. this makes real difference.

Originally posted by Tomas Stacewicz View Post
                        Could you elaborate on this please.
                        To declick aperture on 10 and 15mm OKS lenses Unscrew this ring and remove two small balls and springs. On other OKS lenses unscrew one small screw in front of the lens and remove small ball and spring.

10-s-l1600-1.jpg
                        Last edited by shijan; 02-01-2017, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Ok. Thank's.

Camera

Workstation
                          Windows 10 Pro
                          Resolve 12.5.4.019
                          ASUS X99-A
                          Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

Comment

Originally posted by shijan View Post
                            To declick aperture on 10 and 15mm OKS lenses Unscrew this ring and remove two small balls and springs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22841[/ATTACH]
                            What kind of tool would you use to unscrew the ring on the OKS 3-10-1?

Camera

Workstation
                            Windows 10 Pro
                            Resolve 12.5.4.019
                            ASUS X99-A
                            Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

Comment

lens Spanner Wrench tool or something similar like filter unscrewing tool. This ring is very thin and usually easy to unscrew.

AF098__6_.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X