No announcement yet.

SLR Magic 25, 50 and 85 APO HyperPrime Cine Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got an email from slr magic: the 32mm apo cine lens is finally coming in May, 2018.
    Retail price will be $2,499.00

Comment

• And there is a very cool „accessory“ by slr magic coming, stay tuned.

Comment

• If you guys had to choose between the 25mm focal length and upcoming 32mm on a super 35 sensor, which would you go with?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericsanpablo View Post
          If you guys had to choose between the 25mm focal length and upcoming 32mm on a super 35 sensor, which would you go with?
          Only one lens? Probably the 32, but then YMMV. Depends on what you are planning on shooting with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBowen View Post
            Only one lens? Probably the 32, but then YMMV. Depends on what you are planning on shooting with it.
            I already have the 50, and 85. I'm trying to decide between the 32 and 25 for now (I'll round it out in the future potentially). From what I've seen, and my experience with the 25 I did try, the 25 seems to be currently the weakest of the bunch?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericsanpablo View Post
              I already have the 50, and 85. I'm trying to decide between the 32 and 25 for now (I'll round it out in the future potentially). From what I've seen, and my experience with the 25 I did try, the 25 seems to be currently the weakest of the bunch?
              Ah! Gotcha. In that case, I'd probably lean towards the 25. I do agree that the 25 lags behind the 50 and 85 optically (although that's generally the case with most lens families) but it'll fit a bigger gap in your set then the 32 would. Once again, YMMV though.

Comment

• 25mm is the best logical choice.

32mm is pretty though...

JB

Comment

• Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                  25mm is the best logical choice.

32mm is pretty though...

JB
                  Have you had a chance to try the 32mm already? I have a feeling it might be a nicer lens optically, and am leaning towards it vs the 25 (and using some of my other pre-existing lens' to fill out the wide for now, or maybe even a sigma 18-35)

Comment

• Now it is offical:
                    https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/06/...rphic-adaptor/
                    Andrew told me the adapter will be optimized for the use with the apo cine lenses.
                    Also a 50mm apo cine lens mark II is in the works.

Comment

• Eric, Iíve shot a lot with all the APO primes. When you need a wide angle, you need the 25mm APO. The 32mm is the Ďnormalí lens for the URSA Mini 4.6 K sensor that Iím shooting with. YMMV.

And if you need a wider lens than the 50mm today, the 25 is your only choice. Iíve ordered the 32mm but still waiting for it to ship.

Comment

• Kosmokrator, currently looking into the Anamorphot 1.33x-65. Would be nice to see some footage before ordering it, but that may not be an option! Focusing this at wider apertures may be difficult but if I’m shooting around T5.6-T8, focus is going to be easier. If the optics are good and suit my aesthetic, it will be a welcome addition to the APO 32, 50, and 85mm primes. Before this adapter, shooting anamorphic widescreen with APO primes was absolutely out of my budget.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kosmokrator View Post
                          Just got an email from slr magic: the 32mm apo cine lens is finally coming in May, 2018.
                          Retail price will be $2,499.00
                          Is this lens shipping yet? The SLR Magic web site looks outdated, which doesn't instill much confidence. Currently it only shows the 50mm T2.1?

Rick - you mentioned nearly 2 months ago that you pre-ordered the 32mm. From where? Have you received it yet?
                          vimeo.com/kenfranks

Comment

• Originally posted by Finster View Post
                            Is this lens shipping yet? The SLR Magic web site looks outdated, which doesn't instill much confidence. Currently it only shows the 50mm T2.1?

Rick - you mentioned nearly 2 months ago that you pre-ordered the 32mm. From where? Have you received it yet?
                            B&H has it listed as backordered with more expected the end of September.
                            https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...cine_32mm.html
                            Aaron Lochert

Comment

• Ahhh, thanks. I wonder why B&H is only offering the 32mm with the EF-Mount Adatper?

Speaking of, I could use the 32mm w/ EF-Mount Adatper + Metabones 0.71x Speedbooster + Pocket 4K, right?
                              vimeo.com/kenfranks

Comment

• Originally posted by Finster View Post
                                Ahhh, thanks. I wonder why B&H is only offering the 32mm with the EF-Mount Adatper?

Speaking of, I could use the 32mm w/ EF-Mount Adatper + Metabones 0.71x Speedbooster + Pocket 4K, right?
                                SLR Magic has redesigned the adapter so that it only adds $100 to the retail price to include it. It's probably in their benefit to market the lens as both PL and EF compatible. Since the 32mm is only available with that option, I wonder if they'll eventually phase out the 25, 50, and 85 in purely PL and just sell them all bundled with adapters moving forward.

And I don't see why not about using these with a speedbooster on the pocket 4K.
                                Aaron Lochert

Comment

Working...
                                X