Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you be replacing your sigma 18-35mm with the newly announced tokina 14-20mm f2?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will you be replacing your sigma 18-35mm with the newly announced tokina 14-20mm f2?

    I think if the image quality is better and the lens is lighter i would. Also, no infinity focus problem.

    Canon EF or Nikon F Mount (APS-C/DX Coverage)
    Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
    One Plastic-Molded Aspherical Element
    Two Glass-Molded Aspherical SD Elements
    Two Super Low Dispersion Elements
    Multi-Layer Anti-Reflection Coating
    Internal Focus; One-Touch Focus Clutch
    Nine-Blade Diaphragm
    Price/Availability: TBA
    My Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/jsfilmz

  • #2
    Originally posted by jsfilmz View Post
    I think if the image quality is better and the lens is lighter i would. Also, no infinity focus problem.

    Canon EF or Nikon F Mount (APS-C/DX Coverage)
    Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
    One Plastic-Molded Aspherical Element
    Two Glass-Molded Aspherical SD Elements
    Two Super Low Dispersion Elements
    Multi-Layer Anti-Reflection Coating
    Internal Focus; One-Touch Focus Clutch
    Nine-Blade Diaphragm
    Price/Availability: TBA
    i dont think i will, sigma still has a much nicer range and what infinity focus problem???

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JLdp View Post
      i dont think i will, sigma still has a much nicer range and what infinity focus problem???
      tokina 11-16's were plagued by them
      My Youtube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/jsfilmz

      Comment


      • #4
        Will I want to give up 17mm focal range for a mere 6mm?

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't have the Sigma, but I might consider the Tokina to complement my Canon FD collection. I don't currently own anything wider than 24mm, so a 14-20 f2 would be pretty perfect. Let's cross our fingers for performance.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have the 18-35 and love it. Wouldn't give it up for this, but would add this to collection to get a bit wider.
            Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

            Comment


            • #7
              These are two completely different lenses. Not even sure why you would think one could replace the other. In addition to maybe but by no means a replacement.

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't replace lenses, I just buy more of them lol. But even then, the sigma is my most used lens and you'd have to rip it out of my dying hands before I gave it up. This new tokina sounds nice as well though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Im going for the Tamron 15-30mm 2.8 this year. Had the 11-16mm tokina, loved the wideangle but didnt like the look. It will be interesting to see how sharp the Tokina will be at f2 tho.
                  www.broodjeaapfilm.nl
                  https://www.instagram.com/perrymulder/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't think anything will replace my sigma. Its just that good. Its my most used lens on my BMCC. I'd just add the Tokina if it were that good and I needed that range.
                    Darren Scott
                    Freelance Director/Director of Photography


                    https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi Darren, what lensmount did you get with your sigma? Canon or Nikon? Also what lensmount BMCC did you get? I'm thinking about getting a BMCC till the 4.6k ships, but I'm trying to decide what lensmount I should get.
                      I want to be able to use the VC on the Tamronlens, but would also be interested in getting a BMCC with speedbooster, to avoid the crop a bit.
                      www.broodjeaapfilm.nl
                      https://www.instagram.com/perrymulder/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Perry Mulder View Post
                        Hi Darren, what lensmount did you get with your sigma? Canon or Nikon? Also what lensmount BMCC did you get? I'm thinking about getting a BMCC till the 4.6k ships, but I'm trying to decide what lensmount I should get.
                        I want to be able to use the VC on the Tamronlens, but would also be interested in getting a BMCC with speedbooster, to avoid the crop a bit.
                        My Sigma and BMCC are both EF mount. I live in a EF world so its easier to rent lenses where I am. I just wish BMD had a locking EF mount similar to PL locking system.
                        Darren Scott
                        Freelance Director/Director of Photography


                        https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ah ok, yeah, I also think about getting a ef mount, since the tamron will be ef so it will also work on the ursa mini. Will be my first ef, I have a whole set of nikon primes, but will just get a mountring for that then. Tnx for the reply.
                          www.broodjeaapfilm.nl
                          https://www.instagram.com/perrymulder/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Perry Mulder View Post
                            Ah ok, yeah, I also think about getting a ef mount, since the tamron will be ef so it will also work on the ursa mini. Will be my first ef, I have a whole set of nikon primes, but will just get a mountring for that then. Tnx for the reply.
                            Yeh manual nikon primes can be easily adapted to EF. I used to use fotodiox pro eos to nikon adapter for my nikons back in the day on my 7d.
                            Darren Scott
                            Freelance Director/Director of Photography


                            https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X