Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sigma 18-35mm Replacement???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sigma 18-35mm Replacement???

    Hi, I love the image out of the Sigma 18-35 however I think it is a bit to heavy for me. I am looking for a replacement for this lens something more light weight to be used with the SpeedBooster MFT to Nikon.

    Cheers

  • #2
    Just cleaned up the place. Simply use the report button if you see something. No need for bad mojo here. Back to the thread.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've noticed that Sigma tends to prioritize optics and design over weight. The 18-35 is fairly heavy, but the Sigma Art 50mm is almost as big! If you're not opposed to using primes, there's always Nikors. Other than primes, there isn't really another Nikon mount lens that does what the Sigma does. It's a one of a kind.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks Jared. Order is too much for some to understand.

        As for the Sigma, I agree I haven't found a lens that comes close to providing the range and quality as the Sigma. Others out here agree now as the PL Cine Rehousing versions are starting to make their way into productions.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vicharris View Post
          As for the Sigma, I agree I haven't found a lens that comes close to providing the range and quality as the Sigma. Others out here agree now as the PL Cine Rehousing versions are starting to make their way into productions.
          You got a link to any info on those PL conversions???

          Comment


          • #6
            Found it

            http://cinemaglass.com

            pricey...but worth it.

            Comment


            • #7
              I highly recommend the Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 or the old Sigma 18-50mm Macro over the 18-35mm, the drawback is the tricky focus ring, if you have the EF Speed booster the Canon 17-55mm is stunning and also has the OIS.

              Comment


              • #8
                something that is much lighter and has a larger reach is the panasonic 12-35 2.8

                no need for speedbooster, the wide end is similar to the sigma on the bmpcc, it has ois, much smaller and lighter than the sigma + booster

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Akos View Post
                  something that is much lighter and has a larger reach is the panasonic 12-35 2.8

                  no need for speedbooster, the wide end is similar to the sigma on the bmpcc, it has ois, much smaller and lighter than the sigma + booster
                  MFT = dumb mount.

                  I haven't played with that lens, though. Could be good if weight is the issue.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If you already have the Speed Booster the Sigma 17-50mm is way more brighter than the Panny 12-35mm (f/1.6 equivalent) and focal range equivalent is 9,5-29mm, and it cost less than half the price of the Panasonic (that is a very good lens for BMPCC as well...).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sarlacc View Post
                      Found it

                      http://cinemaglass.com

                      pricey...but worth it.
                      $4,350 with 300 degree focus throw. We know how bright and sharp it can be. This parfocal Ciné lens looking awesome.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's not a zoom, but the Nikkor 35mm AF-S 1.8 DX lens is lightweight and sharp without being expensive. I have that and the Sigma 18-35, and I use the Nikkor if I am mounting on a gimbal. Only issue is that it isn't a wide angle on these cameras (even with SpeedBooster).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jared Caldwell View Post
                          MFT = dumb mount.

                          I haven't played with that lens, though. Could be good if weight is the issue.
                          It's not dumb on the bmpcc as opposed to the original bmcc

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Akos View Post
                            It's not dumb on the bmpcc as opposed to the original bmcc
                            Truth. I was assuming BMCC. However, the Speedbooster for Nikon is dumb.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jared Caldwell View Post
                              Truth. I was assuming BMCC. However, the Speedbooster for Nikon is dumb.
                              What an asinine and frankly, stupid, comment.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X