Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigma 24mm f1.4 Art Lens Announced

http://sigma-rumors.com/2015/02/sigm...-hsm-art-lens/

Waiting for the 85mm down the line, but i own the 35 and the 50 and they are my favorite lenses. With an 85mm theyd be perfect candidates for cine rehousing.

Should be great for stills too.

Thoughts?
    Steve Lee Jean
    Busan, South Korea + Los Angeles, CA

Looks like a must have for those that own the 35 and 50.

Wish they would standardise the front thread on the ART series tho. The 50 is 77mm, the 35 is 67mm, the 18-35 is 72mm and now the 24 is 77mm. 77 all round would be much better.
    Adam Roberts
    www.adamroberts.net

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Roberts View Post

Wish they would standardise the front thread on the ART series tho. The 50 is 77mm, the 35 is 67mm, the 18-35 is 72mm and now the 24 is 77mm. 77 all round would be much better.
      I agree on that.

I'd like to see performance compared to 24mm on 18-35mm.
      www.lightformfilm.com
      https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

it would be nice it they came out with the 85 and 24 at the same time so people can complete their sets of Art Lens

Comment

call me simple minded but why would one buy this over the 18-35? Ok I see, it's for full frame sensors.
          instagram
          my work

Comment

Mechanically as with all Sigma Art this will be nice but optically it is overkill for all existing BMD cameras particularly the Pocket. Hi resolution lens can cause aliasing if paired with sensor with far lower resolution so unless you are shooting organic stuff it is better to choose a lens that produces nice bokeh.

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
              Mechanically as with all Sigma Art this will be nice but optically it is overkill for all existing BMD cameras particularly the Pocket. Hi resolution lens can cause aliasing if paired with sensor with far lower resolution so unless you are shooting organic stuff it is better to choose a lens that produces nice bokeh.
              One thing though, the ART lines have barely any fringing/bloom at under 2.0 which is one of the reasons why I love them.
              www.lightformfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by Note Suwanchote View Post
                One thing though, the ART lines have barely any fringing/bloom at under 2.0 which is one of the reasons why I love them.
                Most modern lenses handle fringing and blooming pretty well at fast aperture. If it is anything like the 50mm Art their bokeh is a weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
                  Most modern lenses handle fringing and blooming pretty well at fast aperture. If it is anything like the 50mm Art their bokeh is a weakness.
                  My experience comes from the Rokinon 24mm and 85mm. Not really usable under 2.0 (when you need it). They both bloom pretty badly. Though the Art line is certainly impressing me right now.
                  www.lightformfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by misterkofa View Post
                    call me simple minded but why would one buy this over the 18-35? Ok I see, it's for full frame sensors.
                    and 2/3 of a stop faster.

Comment

While the 18-35 is certainly a top notch lens, it's still a zoom, which means, it won't be a stellar performer at every focal range. Primes will have less distortion, coma and fringing. Coma has been a problem for many FF wide angle lenses, including the canon/nikkor counterparts at f1.4. Oh, and if it stays in line with its pricing traditional, will be way cheaper as well.
                      Steve Lee Jean

Comment

I wish it had been an 85 announced, but I'll still pick this one up. I have the 50 and love it. I don't have the 35, mostly because on APS-C sensors I find that I either want 24 or 50, and 35 is rarely used. May eventually complete the set, but I'm in no hurry at the moment. The 18-35 for the rare times I need a 35 is good enough for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Huff View Post
                          I wish it had been an 85 announced, but I'll still pick this one up. I have the 50 and love it. I don't have the 35, mostly because on APS-C sensors I find that I either want 24 or 50, and 35 is rarely used. May eventually complete the set, but I'm in no hurry at the moment. The 18-35 for the rare times I need a 35 is good enough for now.
                          Ditto on the 85. I have the 50 art and the 18-35 gets the job done for the most part.

If they can make an updated version of the 8-16 with at least a 2.8 constant aperture along with the 85 I'll be all set.
                          instagram
                          my work

Comment

849 MSRP. I swore it was gonna be the first art lens ober 1k. Well. Back to saving...
                            Steve Lee Jean

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Roberts View Post

And I think the 30mm Art is 62mm filter thread. Individually pretty good performers especially for still photographers. If Sigma CINÉ is ever going to be announced, it needs to be this year. I expected an announcement last year, but was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X