Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slrmagic
    replied
    Hi all, we would like to thank all our customers who have adopted and utilized our NDs in versions 1 & 2. We pride ourselves on achieving the best quality and making sure every filter renders the best and colour accurate results. The response and support has been amazing despite minimal marketing hype. Our focus was just to make a clean simple product that delivered.

We also want to extend an invitation to all current SLR Magic users to the "Sharpshooter Program", with an opportunity to test and evaluate some brand spanking new products we have in the pipeline. Please email support@slrmagic.com for more.

As for the new stuff, we can't disclose too much at this stage but make sure to follow us on social for more updates.

Leave a comment:

• vvvvv
    replied
    Sorry to hear that you have similar problems Ben.

Just to update, SLR Magics support got back to me and they will replace my filter. They handled this really well and seem like a reliable company. Nothing but good to say about them.

(I would deal directly with their support and not the UK reseller that I wont be using anymore.)

Originally posted by Ben View Post
    I also find my 77mm Mk2 rather gritty. SLR Magic suggested there was no issue. Hope it doesn't end up like yours.
    Last edited by vvvvv; 07-04-2017, 06:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben
    replied
    I also find my 77mm Mk2 rather gritty. SLR Magic suggested there was no issue. Hope it doesn't end up like yours.

Leave a comment:

• vvvvv
    replied
    Hopefully I hear from them soon. Reminder time.

It didn't help and I don't really know how to even take it apart. There are no disassemble point to be seen. Its under warranty so I won't even try.

Compared to the 77mm one I have, this 62mm version was never smooth in its motion. I thought it would smooth itself out in use but it just ended up getting loose. Kind of irritating that a 200 filter feels like a 20 one.

But I take from your comments that these filters don't usually get loose in use like this?

Originally posted by rick.lang View Post
    SLR Magic is likely looking into your issue amongst a full plate of other pressing matters. Send a polite reminder to SLR Magic.

I meant, try taking the Vari-ND off the lens and play with all the motion for all the rings to see if getting them all to their tightest position helps realign something that's amiss. Don't know if that will help. Do you see anything you can disassemble? It will still be covered by your warranty so you don't want to take it apart unless a last resort.

Leave a comment:

• rick.lang
    replied
    SLR Magic is likely looking into your issue amongst a full plate of other pressing matters. Send a polite reminder to SLR Magic.

I meant, try taking the Vari-ND off the lens and play with all the motion for all the rings to see if getting them all to their tightest position helps realign something that's amiss. Don't know if that will help. Do you see anything you can disassemble? It will still be covered by your warranty so you don't want to take it apart unless a last resort.

Leave a comment:

• vvvvv
    replied
    I did after wasting my time with the UK reseller that had bad attitude. SLRmagic support was polite and they asked for a short video showing the problem. I sent them a video but they didn't contact me after that. I dont know if Im getting any help from there either. Not looking too good...

What do you mean by tightening everything? I can't see any way to tighten the rings that do the ND adjustment.

Did you contact support@slrmagic.com for a resolution? I'd try tightening everything to see if that helps. I haven't had a similar problem so not sure what else to suggest.

Leave a comment:

• rick.lang
    replied
    Did you contact support@slrmagic.com for a resolution? I'd try tightening everything to see if that helps. I haven't had a similar problem so not sure what else to suggest.

Leave a comment:

• vvvvv
    replied
    Im having trouble with my SLRMagic 62mm Variable ND mk2:

After 6 months of very light use the filter has gotten loose. The ring with the little turning knob shifts sideways relative to the ring that it is attached to. The turning movement itself is still ok, but it is irritating as hell to turn the filter because it bounces up and down while turning. Makes precise movent really difficult. I have another 77mm mk1 version of the filter and that has not gotten loose at all.

Could other users tell if this is expected from the filter or a quality issue?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• rick.lang
    replied
    You don't want to deal with infrared contamination of your captured video in post. You want to prevent it from happening. The SLR Magic Vari-ND mark II filter doesn't solve the problem of IR pollution as it primarily cuts the visible spectrum. The SLR Magic Image Enhancer Pro does reduce IR but does not eliminate it. At this point in time it still is important to have a dedicated filter designed to reduce strongly and effectively eliminate infrared radiation. The two I use are the B+W 486MRC and the Schneider 715 IR Cut which is likely best on 25mm and shorter focal length lenses, but for normal lenses the Schneider 680 IR Cut gives better results on BMD camera sensors.

Leave a comment:

• dbp
    replied
    I'm planning to get this and an IR cut eventually, but I'll probably get the Vari-ND first. How hard/possible is it to deal with the IR in post with this filter?

Leave a comment:

• rick.lang
    replied
    Originally posted by vicharris View Post
    Yeah I know. We talked about your needs. PM me.
    Vic, apologies, I thought I had sent you a message several days ago regarding your tease post in the SLR Magic thread. But when I checked my Sent Items here today, there wasn't a message sent to you after all.

You asked me to private message you about it. But the system is refusing to send the private message to you. Can you private message me? Thanks for any update.

Leave a comment:

• Hugovandijke
    replied
    Originally posted by Hampus Lager View Post
    Anyone had the chance to compare this to the Solar Eclipse by Genustech?
    Interested in this too. I'd like to upgrade my Eclipses soon - they seem to give off a pretty substantial green cast..

Leave a comment:

• Hampus Lager
    replied
    Anyone had the chance to compare this to the Solar Eclipse by Genustech?

Leave a comment:

• vicharris
    replied
    Vic, you are a tease. I hope by 'soon' you are implying an announcement by next month. I'm missing some critical items in my wish list. Of course I'm missing some black ink in my budget too!
    Yeah I know. We talked about your needs. PM me.

Leave a comment:

• rick.lang
    replied
    Vic, you are a tease. I hope by 'soon' you are implying an announcement by next month. I'm missing some critical items in my wish list. Of course I'm missing some black ink in my budget too!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X