Tokina 11-16 BMPCC + Speedbooster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokina 11-16 BMPCC + Speedbooster

Why would you throw a variable ND on that? Just close down the aperture instead of putting the extra glass. Those things reek havoc on color temperature and contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by egproductions View Post
      Why would you throw a variable ND on that? Just close down the aperture instead of putting the extra glass. Those things reek havoc on color temperature and contrast.
      Just because I want to test it. It's just a TEST film...

Comment

"reek havoc"

Wreak.

Well I dig it. It's got a Euro 16mm arhouse look.
        Filmmaker - Author
        https://jgiambrone.wordpress.com/

Youtube

Comment

Nice test. Lens performs well.
          fluoro.com

Comment

Yes typo, thank you. sorry if I came across harsh. Just pointing out that if your doing a test to see how the 11-16 works with the speedbooser and BMPCC (as your title suggests) then you should avoid the extra glass. I especially don't see a point of it with a wide lens when your not trying to get shallow DOF. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Using a VariND would still be better than closing right down. The lens performs best at around f/5.6-f/8. Closing down more starts to add defraction that would be way worse than adding a bit of extra glass to the front.
              Adam Roberts
              www.adamroberts.net

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Roberts View Post
                Using a VariND would still be better than closing right down. The lens performs best at around f/5.6-f/8. Closing down more starts to add defraction that would be way worse than adding a bit of extra glass to the front.
                That is a good point I didn't consider, however, it still would be part of testing the lens and how it functions with a speedbooser on the bmpcc. The variable ND throws another...variable into the mix

Comment

It's refreshing to see someone as utterly crushed by the obsession with single vanishing point perspectives as I am.

Footage looks great, so does the handheld. a little judder every now and again looks good. Can't wait for my BMPC and Speedbooster to arrive.

Comment

Working...
                  X