Clear All

• Blackmagic URSA EF vs CION

vs.jpg

cion look better but not Upgradeable Sensor and Mount

Comment

Comment

they have the same sensors and what 4k really is is very subjective

Comment

Its funny to me how the BMD employee can say July shipping with such a straight face.
          Darren Scott
          Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
            Its funny to me how the BMD employee can say July shipping with such a straight face.
            What happens if it's actually already ready to ship? Just a question...

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
            Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Kholi View Post
              Then that would be a welcome change. Some honesty from BM.

Comment

The Ursa also records lossless compressed RAW as well as Prores HQ 422. It has an interchangeable lens mount and sensor and is $3000 cheaper. Frame rate will go up as sensors are changed out .If you're making a list. Other than the weight its a no brainer which cam to go for, that is unless the footage from the Aja is far and beyond.
                Last edited by mico; 04-07-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

People like you get their cameras . Pretty simple really. No waiting for a year and BMD will gain back a shread of reliability. Of course if the camera is plagued with problems all that's for nothing. Its pretty simple really..don;t announce dates you know you cannot possibly fulfill. They've done it on all their cams...hopefully they will learn to get it right this time.
                  Last edited by jambredz; 04-07-2014, 12:06 PM.
                  Darren Scott

Comment

I'm pretty optimistic that this camera will be released Q3 or Q4. If it's the same sensor as the Production 4k, they already have the sensor calibration and color science figured out. The additional hardware side is already BMDs bread and butter. Seems pretty realistic to me.

Comment

Then they could say "shipping now". Pretty ham handed not to recognize the semantic disaster "shipping July" is for BMD in particular. Maybe they are joking?

Comment

Originally posted by Jared Caldwell View Post
                        I'm pretty optimistic that this camera will be released Q3 or Q4. If it's the same sensor as the Production 4k, they already have the sensor calibration and color science figured out. The additional hardware side is already BMDs bread and butter. Seems pretty realistic to me.
                        Well if they do that would be great for the customers. Hey I'm not fighting it...i'm basing it off of their current piss poor record. So if that happens then rejoice and use what seems to be a very good camera.
                        Darren Scott

Comment

Have to say, when he said that I was expecting the presenter to ask with a smile "Is that actually July this time?". I think he wanted to...

Comment

@mico Agree. That Cion makes no sense. And I would not pay a penny for Aja's product's. Can't forget all that last five years with those nasty io hd's that was hanging my notebooks on any drivers... it was an expensive scum. I can't understand why all rentals in Moscow have only io hd's, most of time for me it was a pain to work with them.

Comment

Originally posted by jho View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]8227[/ATTACH]
                              16.53 pounds…what???

Comment

Working...
                              X