Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard Lim of Blackmagic updates us on the latest developments - 200ASA added!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Lim of Blackmagic updates us on the latest developments - 200ASA added!

Check out Dan Chung's interview with Richard Lim of Blackmagic Design, where they update us on the latest developments and shipping time!

https://vimeo.com/48091268

Shipping in two weeks or less, nice! And it sounded like to me there will be quite a few going out right away?
    Tim Veal
    http://sandstoneproductions.net
    My blog

Comment

well if the hardware has been locked down for a while now they've probably been manufacturing for a while now as well, so hopefully a lot will be shipped out once it starts shipping, at this point the longer the delays are the more that will go out in the first run;-) lol

Comment

I am so excited! I just pray I am in the first batch. He said the the first batch was substantial... but it was not clear if he was talking about the pre-orders or the first shipment.... hmm...
        -Michael Beck

Comment

Good stuff. User footage should start rolling in any second now. And I have to agree, it sounds like a pretty large number will go out right away... that makes me feel better. I haven't placed any type of order, but when I do, hopefully I won't have to wait 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by ryan brown View Post
            Good stuff. User footage should start rolling in any second now. And I have to agree, it sounds like a pretty large number will go out right away... that makes me feel better. I haven't placed any type of order, but when I do, hopefully I won't have to wait 6 months
            If it helps Ryan, from the Black Magic Design forums. I'm getting the largest of large suppliers will be getting about 30 in the first shipment and the second shipment should be around the end of September. Hope that helps, info has just come from users though. Nothing too oficial.
            Tom Pierrepont - In-house Camera Operator and Editor (UK)
            @Tompierrepont
            www.tompierrepont.com

Comment

He also hinted there might be another last minute "modification"... I hope it's a Histogram!
              Film Director
              enricoatwork.com

Comment

global shutter mode!

Comment

Originally posted by rheex View Post
                  He also hinted there might be another last minute "modification"... I hope it's a Histogram!
                  I've got my fingers crossed for an Instragram mode.
                  @Tompierrepont
                  www.tompierrepont.com

Comment

Originally posted by vealti View Post
                    Shipping in two weeks or less, nice! And it sounded like to me there will be quite a few going out right away?
                    Didn't he say 'couple of weeks'?

Comment

Originally posted by rheex View Post
                      I'm hoping for vu meters on screen.
                      Tim Veal
                      http://sandstoneproductions.net
                      My blog

Comment

The only news there was the double tap function to get a 1:1 zoom for focus. The additional iso was on the website weeks ago. But it is good to know the camera is going to ship soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cedric Akins View Post
                          The only news there was the double tap function to get a 1:1 zoom for focus. The additional iso was on the website weeks ago. But it is good to know the camera is going to ship soon.
                          I believe John talked about the 1:1 double tap in the past as well, so no new news really, except its shipping soon.

Comment

Which makes it no news at all.

We believe that we think that it might ship in a couple of weeks tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian@202020 View Post
                              I believe John talked about the 1:1 double tap in the past as well, so no new news really, except its shipping soon.
                              Nice to see how fast it worked though, I used it a lot with Magic Lantern for the DSLRs and it was a tad slow and cumbersome. This is going to be a big step up for me, but a comfortable one at that.
                              @Tompierrepont
                              www.tompierrepont.com

Comment

Working...
                              X