Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough already. Where is the big update for the 2.5K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed on the audio. They just need to get the eq and the level to v1.2, minus the DC offset.
    http://kylemcconaghy.com | My Reel

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
      It's actually still there on an Alexa today on V7.

There was a great improvement back in an early firmware update on the BMCC. It used to be a lot worse.

My "lay" understanding is that it's not that easy a "fix" if you're trying to maximise DR from the sensor..... So by clipping it early you change the sensor DR performance. It has to be optimised and this can take time to do well. They have a certain amount of resource ay their disposal.

jb
      John, you are correct about the Alexa. I was surprised to discover that.

It was also on the Red One and took a little while to fix. Hopefully Blackmagic can sort it out for the BMCC.

Comment

Don't worry, I have JUST purchased an EVF with audio meters and a Shotgun mic that includes audio meters and a recording option, so an update fixing all these issues should be right around the corner...

Comment

Originally posted by zwarte_kat View Post
          Don't worry, I have JUST purchased an EVF with audio meters and a Shotgun mic that includes audio meters and a recording option, so an update fixing all these issues should be right around the corner...
          - i think i must share your 'luck' with such things.
          Blackmagic Design
          My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

I bought the cineroid evf because i dont have a ton of money and the meters are passable at best. Essentially, they have it calibrated to where -12 to 0 takes up 85% of the meters width, and it tends to spike a lot. You can see issues with this implementation, in that it is difficult to get your levels around -12 because anything under -12 takes up only 15% of the meter.

The point of this long story is that i actually decided to email cineroid about the issue and they said they were going to chat with their engineers about the issue. We will see what happens.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Vimeo

Comment

It would be sweet if BMD released a "big" firmware update for the original BMCC at least a week or two before the BMPC-4K starts to ship, assuming the update at least improves things like the BMCC's ProRes Video mode, adds compressed RAW, addresses some audio issues, etc.

That way people can decide if they want to spend $2K on a "new & improved" BMCC or instead get a $4K BMPC-4K.

Well, I can dream anyway ...
              www.peterdv.com
              Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

Comment

Could be the reason why they are holding off the update for the BMCC too.'Yea? Why update an old camera if they are trying to sell a new one.
                My Youtube Channel
                https://www.youtube.com/jsfilmz

Comment

Ahhh, yes, I'm in the same boat as both of you on this one! I have this luck and another version that whenever I'm on a show, I either get killed or the show is cancelled shortly there after.

Comment

Working...
                  X