Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1080p prores footage - adventure short film

Hi black magic user!
    I believe this is a great place to share experiences with the bmcc to those who would want to know!

I shot this short film with my brother back in september: https://vimeo.com/84128558

--

Generally we we're really happy with the camera.
    But it has a hard time in low light situations -
    We shot 90% of the film with a 24mm lens, and only went above that in a shot that required a zoom.
    Generally I liked the look of the lens (samyang 24mm) but when compared to other movies, I miss the depth of shooting with a longer lens!
    So a bigger sensor, and better light sensibility would be great!

We tried out recording audio, connecting a mic directly to the camera. But we didn't have any success with that, so we chose to record the audio separately to get less noise. Have any of you had success with this? There was a lot of white noise when we tried.

--

Personally I could shoot a short film on this camera again, but the thing I miss the most is a bigger sensor, so I could use the same shooting style with longer lenses and get the extra feeling of depth. Do you know if there is any examples of short films or cinematic videos from the 4k camera, shot with 50mm or more? I would love to see that.

Would love to get some feedback from you on the short film! Thanks for your time

Are you shooting with the EF model?

Just watched it and I think its the most beatutiful thing I ever seen shot on the bmcc!
    Last edited by Eric Hasso; 01-22-2014, 12:14 PM.
    http://www.erichasso.com/
    http://www.thesuspenseofdisbelief.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Aske Løkken View Post
      Hi black magic user!
      I believe this is a great place to share experiences with the bmcc to those who would want to know!

I shot this short film with my brother back in september: https://vimeo.com/84128558

--

Generally we we're really happy with the camera.
      But it has a hard time in low light situations -
      We shot 90% of the film with a 24mm lens, and only went above that in a shot that required a zoom.
      Generally I liked the look of the lens (samyang 24mm) but when compared to other movies, I miss the depth of shooting with a longer lens!
      So a bigger sensor, and better light sensibility would be great!

We tried out recording audio, connecting a mic directly to the camera. But we didn't have any success with that, so we chose to record the audio separately to get less noise. Have any of you had success with this? There was a lot of white noise when we tried.

--

Personally I could shoot a short film on this camera again, but the thing I miss the most is a bigger sensor, so I could use the same shooting style with longer lenses and get the extra feeling of depth. Do you know if there is any examples of short films or cinematic videos from the 4k camera, shot with 50mm or more? I would love to see that.

Would love to get some feedback from you on the short film! Thanks for your time
      Great looking film///

Comment

Nice..... Well watch the Movie later but skimming through it the image looked great and is polished. Will update my post later

Great Job!

Comment

finally, a narrative on a bmcc!
          visually, it looks great!
          well done!

Comment

Looks really slick, good work.
            my grid.

Comment

This looks great! I don't think you needed a larger sensor/shallower depth a field for this. I think you were able to tell your story just fine and the camera was actually the last thing I was focused on while watching.

I was a bit confused by the woman's motives, but otherwise, I appreciate you sharing this because we don't see enough narrative films shot on the BMCC so this was refreshing. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

ASKE, you need to be more sensitive to cutting on the "action". There tends to be long "takes" on all of the cuts. Almost there....

Comment

Very nice, great work... really nice to see the black Magic Cinema camera used for Cinema work

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hasso View Post
                    Are you shooting with the EF model?
                    Yeah it was the EF model.
                    Thank you !

Appreciate the response !

Comment

This was fantastic! Love the way it was shot. The low light scenes looked great. Great story and all proress too!

Comment

Originally posted by Ebizzle View Post
                        ASKE, you need to be more sensitive to cutting on the "action". There tends to be long "takes" on all of the cuts. Almost there....
                        This is actually what I loved about it, helped to draw me in and fit the feeling of the film perfectly. Excellent pacing all around.

This is some impressive stuff. It's not easy to pull off such a convincing indoor night shot... that grade was absolutely spot on.
                        Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

Originally posted by Aske Løkken View Post
                          Yeah it was the EF model.
                          Thank you !

Appreciate the response !
                          Which ND filters did you use? This is my main problem with the camera due to IR Pollution, thanks

Comment

BTW: What color temp did you shoot at outdoors / day shots?
                            Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

Definitely sold me on the Samyang 24mm T1.5

Comment

Working...
                              X