Clear All

• Originally posted by mico View Post
    Another Black magic rig this one from Bebob:

http://www.bebob.de/Rigs-and-Cages/STARTER-KIT-BM.html
    Looks nice, but shell out you wallet.

Comment

• Found a pic with camera attached. Has lots of rosettes:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

And if you look closely i think John Brawley is powering his toaster with a p tap.
      Last edited by mico; 08-16-2012, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• The Bebob cage is the coolest I've seen so far. But for $2300EU, it's beyond what I'm willing to pay. I love the included dovetail and battery plate.

Comment

• I honestly think it is insane to pay 2300€ for a pretty simple rig for a camera that costs 2300€!
          Film Director
          enricoatwork.com

Comment

• My tripod cost nearly 3x the price of the bmc. It's not about keeping cost of all your kit relative to the cost of the camera. It's just about what u think is good value. Can I get the same functionality from a $500 tripod? Nope. Can I get the same functionality from a $300 cage and a few more add-ons? Definitely. Just may not look as cool.

Comment

• I agree it is cool, but it's so stuck in an Arri SR kind of world. I'm about to buy some very exxy hand grips and extra rosettes to go on my wooden camera cage (and 7D cage) and STILL ending up spending less than $1000EU.

When you add it up though, if you were starting from scratch and needed v-locks and a charger and a v-mount etc, it's not much more pricey than say, Zacuto gear AND you get the added bonus of not looking like a dick with it
              Toby Angwin - Director/Compositor
              Twitter Vimeo
              http://www.soupkitchenfilms.net
              BMMCC Veydras
              Smallrig, Letus & Ergocine support

Comment

• New Zacuto gear, I'll add products and descriptions to the front page when I finally get a chance to breathe. In the meantime, click though right here

Comment

• Zacuto came with it. I like a few of these rigs. Thanks DIT.
                  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3301810&type=3

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheezweezl View Post
                    My tripod cost nearly 3x the price of the bmc. It's not about keeping cost of all your kit relative to the cost of the camera. It's just about what u think is good value. Can I get the same functionality from a $500 tripod? Nope. Can I get the same functionality from a $300 cage and a few more add-ons? Definitely. Just may not look as cool.
                    I don't think that anyone would buy a tripod that costs 3x the prize of the BMC to use just with a BMC. I mean you could, but you would probably get a 500$ one.
                    What I am saying is that if you use an expensive, Arri style piece of gear with the BMC is probably because you already own it. This camera has opened a whole new world of opportunities for lots of us and accessories makers have to understand that. There will be more cameras around and that means they will sell more. It's the market. More=cheaper but that doesn't mean worse in quality. Ok, maybe a bit worse, but a 9000$ tripod will not make a 18 times better shot than a 500$ one (did some math here ;-)).
                    That said, I wish I had no limit in my spending money as I would buy all the best and expensive stuff around, but the problem is that my clients are willing to pay less and less every day. :-(
                    Just my honest opinion. I of course respect everyone else's.
                    Cheers ;-)
                    Film Director
                    enricoatwork.com

Comment

• I have an O'Conner Model 50 Fluid Head that we paid over $3,500.00 for back in the late 80's...it's setting on a set of Miller wooden sticks (about $2,000.00 IIRC) housed in a "Mummy" canvas case that doesn't weigh a bit over 100 pounds. I'd let the whole thing go for a BMC. I guess I could bring it on my next shoot to impress the uninformed though. ;-)

Comment

• tripods are really only about a few factors... budget, capacity, and added features.

i find that for traditional prosumer to professional level camera pricing, as long as you spend 20% or more of the camera cost, you'll get a quality tripod. if your camera fully rigged only weighs in at 10lbs, then you don't need a tripod that can handle 30lbs. i've used my vinten pro10, a $1500 tripod with a 22lb capacity, for years with no complaints. it was mainly used with a z1u and ex1, both originally around 6000, right about the 20% mark

oh and nice added features to have.... springs, levels, level light, etc... you can live without them, but it's nicer to live with them
                        Darren Levine

he shoots, he edits, he frequently rants
                        http://mediahalo.com/p/dlevine

Comment

• Originally posted by imdjay View Post
                          tripods are really only about a few factors... budget, capacity, and added features.

i find that for traditional prosumer to professional level camera pricing, as long as you spend 20% or more of the camera cost, you'll get a quality tripod. if your camera fully rigged only weighs in at 10lbs, then you don't need a tripod that can handle 30lbs. i've used my vinten pro10, a $1500 tripod with a 22lb capacity, for years with no complaints. it was mainly used with a z1u and ex1, both originally around 6000, right about the 20% mark
                          That sounds reasonable.
                          Film Director
                          enricoatwork.com

Comment

• CPM BMC Cage

We have a cage we are tooling that is a twist on our 1.0, but designed specific to the BMC. They where nice enough to provide specs and drawings so we could make up a 3d rapidprototype on our FDM machine. One thing that I noticed during the translation from 2d to our 3D model was two call-outs on the drawings the specify the vent areas. So we re-designed our plates to make sure that area is free to breath with nothing in the way. The blue side piece is a cable strain plate and will also work with our other DSLR cages. Another neat item we made sure would work is our tekkeon portable battery snaps. Mount them to the top of the plate and snap a tekkeon battery in place. The BMC cubed rig will be priced the same as the current 1.0 which is $259.99

Very excited about this camera system.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I'd be a teeny bit concerned about getting easy access to the SSD's with those vertical posts there. It looks like about where you'd want you hand to be to get the best purchase on the case.

jb

Comment

• I agree though it looks like maybe the top clamps onto the rods rather than screws on to the camera?
                                Toby Angwin - Director/Compositor
                                Twitter Vimeo
                                http://www.soupkitchenfilms.net
                                BMMCC Veydras
                                Smallrig, Letus & Ergocine support

Comment

Working...
                                X