Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SanDisk Extreme 32GB 80MB/s working with BMPCC RAW

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SanDisk Extreme 32GB 80MB/s working with BMPCC RAW

    Just filmed three clips, and pulled them into Resolve 10 without issue.
    http://www.levinspictures.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1982697/

  • #2
    How long were these clips?

    For testing purposes, I would try filling the card with various clip lengths, and in particular have at least one long clip. Not saying the card won't handle it, just a good stress test. Also, make sure to give it footage with some complexity.

    Comment


    • #3
      Go outside, shoot foliage, stress it.

      Then you'll know if it works or not =]

      SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
      Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah I am in an edit today so only had time to do some short clips (under a minute each)

        I will try that Kholi, when I get some time... cheers
        http://www.levinspictures.com
        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1982697/

        Comment


        • #5
          Defiantly works. Seems like the cards top out at 10min 17sec.
          http://www.levinspictures.com
          http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1982697/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Adam View Post
            Defiantly works. Seems like the cards top out at 10min 17sec.
            What did you test it on? Have a DNG control frame? What was the largest frame size that you got when testing?

            No dropped frames noted in Resolve?

            If that works I'd be pretty astonished.

            SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
            Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

            Comment


            • #7
              i just upgrade my camera and my card (RAW)is not working :-( low card 128gb sandisk Extreme 45mb
              ..anyone have the same issue? this card is recommended in the manual
              Last edited by adanvaldez; 11-12-2013, 06:54 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by adanvaldez View Post
                i just upgrade my camera and my card (RAW)is not working :-( low card 128gb sandisk Extreme 45mb
                ..anyone have the same issue? this card is recommended in the manual
                It's recommended for ProRes recording.

                SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
                Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm a little surprised by this, but not totally. I've been using my 64gb Sandisk Extreme 80MB/s for raw with the pocket camera and it's good for 15-25 seconds at a time in 24p. I've read that the 32gb 95MB/s cards perform better than the larger 64gb cards of the same speed. Maybe the same is true for the 80MB/s cards as well. I'm guessing your test was in 24p right?

                  I wonder if your card came from a good batch and if not all Sandisk 32GB 80MB/s cards perform as well.
                  Last edited by Andrew; 11-12-2013, 08:24 PM.
                  www.motionplaces.com
                  andrewjulian

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kholi View Post
                    What did you test it on? Have a DNG control frame? What was the largest frame size that you got when testing?

                    No dropped frames noted in Resolve?

                    If that works I'd be pretty aston
                    ished.
                    I am new to Resolve but did not give me any warnings when I loaded the clip, and it played fine, I also messed around with some grades. Largest Frame was 2.1MB many others are 2MB and a smaller number are 1.9MB

                    I shot some foliage outside, and then walked into the house and left in on my kitchen counter to fill up.
                    http://www.levinspictures.com
                    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1982697/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      sorry, what is a "DNG control frame"?
                      http://www.levinspictures.com
                      http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1982697/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                        I'm a little surprised by this, but not totally. I've been using my 64gb Sandisk Extreme 80MB/s for raw with the pocket camera and it's good for 15-25 seconds at a time in 24p. I've read that the 32gb 95MB/s cards perform better than the larger 64gb cards of the same speed. Maybe the same is true for the 80MB/s cards as well. I'm guessing your test was in 24p right?

                        I wonder if your card came from a good batch and if not all Sandisk 32GB 80MB/s cards perform as well.
                        Maybe.. I have now filled both my cards up on a single take. It is only copying 26GB across (on the mac) so I guess it stops recording before the card is full?
                        http://www.levinspictures.com
                        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1982697/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Adam View Post
                          sorry, what is a "DNG control frame"?
                          An example frame of what scene you shot to test it. So the largest file that you have.

                          That sounds really weird that an 80Mb/s card is working.

                          Also, Resolve wouldn't throw any warnings, when you look at the clip in R10, if it's in a folder with several other clips from the one shot, then there are dropped frames.

                          You'd really want to keep it on a very busy scene and roll out the entire card. If you're out of daylight, set a few pairs of jeans or similar tight weaves under a lamp, switch to 1600, and shoot that up tight until you get a shimmering pattern in the screen. Wave it around, record for six+ minutes.


                          Originally posted by Adam View Post
                          Maybe.. I have now filled both my cards up on a single take. It is only copying 26GB across (on the mac) so I guess it stops recording before the card is full?

                          No, that's about right. 26 - 28gb should be a full 32gb card.

                          SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
                          Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The largest Frame I got was 2.1MB

                            It all came into Resolve as one clip.
                            http://www.levinspictures.com
                            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1982697/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It is dark here now but I will test it more tomorrow. It was sunset on the first clip and I did shot some tress in my yard before putting the camera in the kitchen and letting it run out.
                              http://www.levinspictures.com
                              http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1982697/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X