Where is the Blackmagic swag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the Blackmagic swag?

As a DP and formerly an AC I'm used to wearing black t-shirts on set (to minimize reflections). Anyway I'm in need of some new shirts. I have my "Filmtools" shirts, "Cinequipt" shirts, "Tasty Lighting Supply" shirts, "Triple 20 Entertainment" shirts, "RED" shirts, "Alexa" shirts, etc. It'd be nice to add some "Blackmagic" shirts as well. Does Blackmagic make any?

Man, i'd so be interested in one.
    Tom Pierrepont - In-house Camera Operator and Editor (UK)
    @Tompierrepont
    www.tompierrepont.com

Comment

A bit extreme don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
        A bit extreme don't you think?
        What is? Wearing a Blackmagic shirt on set?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian@202020 View Post
          What is? Wearing a Blackmagic shirt on set?
          Not unless BMD pay me sponsor money for advertsing.

Comment

They exist, as Dan & Co. were wearing nice BMD shirts [not t-shirts] in NYC... but whether or not they'll ever be available to the public is another question.

dan.jpg

I could definitely use a nice black BMD t-shirt, or gimme cap...

(Please excuse the iPhone snap... and I can't resist pointing out that I have attained the exalted status of Senior Member. Woohoo!)
            Last edited by randyman; 07-23-2012, 12:00 PM.
            Randy Walters
            boundlessinformant.com

Comment

Redrock Micro used to throw in a hat for free when you bought big gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
                Not unless BMD pay me sponsor money for advertsing.
                Most of the time, company shirts are given out for free. That's how I got most of mine. Spend over $200 at Filmtools, get a free shirt, etc. I'd gladly support a company that makes gear I use, especially if it's free. I mean we all need clothes right?

Comment

Most of the time, company shirts are given out for free. That's how I got most of mine. Spend over $200 at Filmtools, get a free shirt, etc. I'd gladly support a company that makes gear I use, especially if it's free. I mean we all need clothes right?
                  They give nothing for free. They gain through you advertising their company. When I go shooting with the BMC in some distant future I would put a tape over the camera logo partly to deter casual observers who may look up online to find what you are using. I would be happy to take their shirt and remove the logo unless they offer me a lump sum

Comment

Agreed.
                    Tom Pierrepont - In-house Camera Operator and Editor (UK)
                    @Tompierrepont
                    www.tompierrepont.com

Comment

I would love a t-shirt, to me that is the same as buying a jersey or even a Ralph Lauren shirt. If you want to call that free advertisement that's cool, but I have no problem repping something I like and or use to make money with.

Comment

Originally posted by randyman View Post
                        They exist, as Dan & Co. were wearing nice BMD shirts [not t-shirts] in NYC... but whether or not they'll ever be available to the public is another question.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432[/ATTACH]

I could definitely use a nice black BMD t-shirt, or gimme cap...

(Please excuse the iPhone snap... and I can't resist pointing out that I have attained the exalted status of Senior Member. Woohoo!)
                        Good heavens....based on this photo the BMC is much larger than I expected!

Great example of forced perspective there!

Comment

No the camera's not that big, it's just that he's really small...

Comment

I'd wear a black magic design t-shirt for free as long as I could get clearance to use the logo in my images and film. I get photographed a lot on set.
                            Facebook - Angelis Digital Studio

Comment

I totally would be willing to pay for a t-shirt and cap. I would also be very willing to be given a free t-shirt and cap with the camera.

I do wonder what people would think when they casually glance at the words Black Magic if the words are on them though....

Comment

Working...
                              X