Pocket Camera "blooming" and "Blackhole" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket Camera "blooming" and "Blackhole" Thread

So do you think the reported Pocket Blackhole & blooming will be corrected in a firmware update? Did the BMCC ever have the Blackhole effect corrected?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sfpuk; 09-01-2013, 04:12 PM.

That's being called "blooming sensor" and BMD (or any of their beta folks) has yet to acknowledge it.

Comment

The black dot is a non issue. It can easily be fixed in post and will likely eventually be fixed via firmware update like the RED ONE was. The blooming whites on the other hand is an issue. Hopefully BMD will acknowledge it and hopefully that can be fixed via firmware update.

Comment

Are the blooming whites related to a sensor calibration issue?

Comment

It's really a shame how the patent-obsession of the tech industry screws over the customer. Red figured out why this happened and fixed it YEARS ago, it's such a shame BM couldn't learn from that. It's like we're starting from scratch every time someone decides to release something new.

Comment

Yeah it sucks and I have no idea why this happens? I love pointing the lens towards lights to create flares and other cool leaks, but with the BMCC it can really mess up your image. This I can say with My GH3 I have no problem at all, really strange it has not been addressed...........

Comment

It can also be called overexposed

Comment

This issue isn't over exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by itimjim View Post
                  This issue isn't over exposure.
                  Well the black dot thing kind of is. It's not an entire image over exposed but an extreme over exposed point. That's why it only happens on the sun, or reflection of the sun. All cameras ever made have this problem, it's just 99.9% of them defaut to white so it's not noticed. The BMD camera's defauts to black for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Cedric Akins View Post
                    It can also be called overexposed
                    So what....... Art has no limits and this definitely should NOT be happening...... If I want to blast a 1k light into the sensor and create a silhouette I shouldn't have to deal with this. BlackMagic has an amazing camera, BUT many things should get fixed..... MANY.

Comment

The black hole even can happen on film (though I never run into it an a BMC), the white hole is, what gives me headaches.
                      Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Its called in film terms over-exposure solarization. Been around for decades.

Ansel Adams:
                        40Photographs_BlackSun_1_550-711277.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by J.F.R. View Post
                          So what....... Art has no limits and this definitely should NOT be happening...... If I want to blast a 1k light into the sensor and create a silhouette I shouldn't have to deal with this. BlackMagic has an amazing camera, BUT many things should get fixed..... MANY.
                          I think you can still easily do this. It has to be more than a 1K for it to happen. In fact, it's mainly happening when you point it at the thermonuclear explosion called the sun. It has to be GROSS overexposure and a point source.

jb

Comment

Hope it will be fixed via firmware.
                            BTW limits make creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                              I think you can still easily do this. It has to be more than a 1K for it to happen. In fact, it's mainly happening when you point it at the thermonuclear explosion called the sun. It has to be GROSS overexposure and a point source.

jb
                              I've seen it happen with my BMCC when I shoot against the sun - a big black dot in the middle. But never seen white holes on my footage.

Comment

Working...
                              X