Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BlackMagic Cinema Camera Technology Announcements & Latest Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Some tweets from Jonathan Richards for those thirsty for any bit of news:

    Originally posted by Jonathan Richards
    So, we've been out shooting with the Blackmagic Cinema Camera. Just about to review the footage with @hangmanstudios
    Originally posted by Jonathan Richards
    both RAW and ProRes
    Originally posted by Jonathan Richards
    Early results from the Blackmagic Cinema camera are encouraging. Lots of development still to go. Extreme value for money though.
    Originally posted by Jonathan Richards
    Loving the attitude of the Blackmagic guys. This camera is probably a game changer at this price point. More shooting tomorrow



    https://twitter.com/jonnyrich/status/223478023721193472

    https://twitter.com/jonnyrich/status/223540124623978496

    https://twitter.com/jonnyrich/status/223544314133889024

    https://twitter.com/jonnyrich/status/223546247422816257


    EDIT: Those tweets aren't there anymore. Guess he wasn't suppose to say anything lol.
    Last edited by Macalincag; 07-12-2012, 05:06 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      oh many---that is exciting news!
      www.lightformfilm.com
      https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

      follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

      Comment


      • #33
        Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Richards
        Early results from the Blackmagic Cinema camera are encouraging. Lots of development still to go. Extreme value for money though.
        This tweet was dated 7/12/12. "Lots of development still to go" doesn't sound all that encouraging to me.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by mhood View Post
          This tweet was dated 7/12/12. "Lots of development still to go" doesn't sound all that encouraging to me.
          Depends on what rev prototype cam they were working with. But even if it's the latest, he might mean "future" development (e.g.: some hypothetical BMCC model #2). Who knows what he meant?

          My sense is that if JB's late prototype BMCC was good enough to compare favorably with Alexa (in general) and for use in a broadcast TV series, then the shipping version stands a very good chance of being good enough for me. However, YMMV. We'll know for sure soon enough ...
          www.peterdv.com
          Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

          Comment


          • #35
            ^^^ Yea...I was probably reading it wrong.

            Comment


            • #36
              The Tweets about testing the BMCC in Portugal have been taken down. If I get my significant other to write in Portuguese (she is Brazilian) can we get them back?

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Philip Lipetz View Post
                can we get them back?
                They're in my post a few posts back, so they're still viewable word for word here.

                Comment


                • #38
                  My point was that something forced him to remove the tweets.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Now at least three Twitter sources report that they will test the BMCC at a "secret" four day event in Portugal.
                    Last edited by Philip Lipetz; 07-13-2012, 04:43 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      John Brawley has tweeted Ultrascope is now working and "is utterly comprehensive" as is double tap to zoom while recording. This is all good news
                      Lee MJ Daley

                      DP, Animator, Finishing Artist

                      leemjdaley.com
                      Instagram

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        It was not secret at all, As I stated In my seller mail post is just a seller meeting of the suppossed new version of BMC, not sure they have NDA to talk about his impressions since John does. But...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Simon Beer, who runs a video gear sales referral site in the UK, just Posted this on Twitter (@sbeertv)


                          Latest news from the UK distributor on the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera, delivery hopeful for August, backordered until 2013!
                          Last edited by Philip Lipetz; 07-13-2012, 12:11 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Philip Lipetz View Post
                            Simon Bear, who runs a video gear sales referral site in the UK, just Posted this on Twitter (@sbeertv)


                            Latest news from the UK distributor on the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera, delivery hopeful for August, backordered until 2013!
                            This cross info waiting is killing me hehehe

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              John, are you prohibited from posting BTS shots of the camera/set?
                              Darren Levine

                              he shoots, he edits, he frequently rants
                              http://mediahalo.com/p/dlevine

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Philip Lipetz View Post
                                Simon Bear, who runs a video gear sales referral site in the UK, just Posted this on Twitter (@sbeertv)


                                Latest news from the UK distributor on the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera, delivery hopeful for August, backordered until 2013!
                                I hope I'm high enough on the pre-order list to get it in July/August. I'm crossing my fingers and waiting patiently
                                www.motionplaces.com
                                andrewjulian

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X