Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Mount MTF BMCC - Grant Perry

From email:

"There are some new features in the software for the Pocket Cinema Camera. You can now focus by pushing the focus button when using an active MFT lens. This makes it very easy to accurately focus. The focus peaking feature is still there and you enable it by double pressing the focus button. The focus zoom feature is enabled by double pressing the OK button.

There will be an update for the 2.5K Blackmagic Cinema Camera soon that will also add these features, plus new de-bayer processing that will improve the cameras sharpness when shooting non RAW files."

Such an update would work only on an active mount MTF camera, therefore he is announcing that he will soon introduce an active mount MFT 2.5k camera.

The price reductions are to clear out inventory since this new camera is what I, and probably other people, want. Will now make the BMPCC into the perfect B camera, restoring order to there product line.
    Last edited by Philip Lipetz; 08-02-2013, 06:33 AM.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the peaking. New debayer processing sounds interesting...

Comment

That's a stretch.

Comment

He said "features" not feature. Focus zoom with peaking is one feature, what is the second? Certainly there is ambiguity in his wording, which is his style.

But hey, it is 6AM and I have been up all night. Don't look at forums at 4AM and expect to get back to sleep when there is news like the price drop.

Comment

Perhaps connected to the v1 costing $1000 bucks less now? The plot thickens...

Comment

We need JB to clear this up here. as far as I understood, the MFT BMCC had a permanent passive m43 mount, but maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

There's zero ambiguity. You're reading into it what you want. They've dropped the price to create separation in their product line.

Go to bed.

Comment

There are absolutely no electronic contacts inside the lens-mount of an MFT BMCC. Turning it into an active MFT mount is impossible via firmware.
                My Official Blackmagic Micro Footage: https://vimeo.com/155747487

Comment

hence the possibility of an updated active MFT BMCC model? would make sense considering they have it working on the Pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lipetz View Post
                    From Grant Perry's email:

Such an update would work only on an active mount MTF camera, therefore he is announcing that he will soon introduce an active mount MFT 2.5k camera.
                    I would buy an MFT Active mount @1999$ in a heart beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Shasha View Post
                      There are absolutely no electronic contacts inside the lens-mount of an MFT BMCC. Turning it into an active MFT mount is impossible via firmware.
                      exactly, AFAIK they have to modify the hardware, unless we're talking only newly re-designed mFT mout BMCC's to accomodate active mount. But this has not been confirmed yet. Maybe someone more enlightened can share.

Comment

Any chance the price reduction is an effort to reduce their gen 1 inventory? I would think so, except it's pretty far off from NAB, where they've been announcing their new cams.

Comment

I would even pay $3k for it,

Comment

Originally posted by TravisA View Post
                            Any chance the price reduction is an effort to reduce their gen 1 inventory? I would think so, except it's pretty far off from NAB, where they've been announcing their new cams.
                            interesting that price cut comes when preorders are fulfilled.

Comment

This is just dreaming. I'm 200% convinced the update will bring AF on the EF model, period
                              EF-BMCC 1300x00 - the lucky one

Comment

Working...
                              X