This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SHIPPING STATUS thread | Do not post other threads

NOTE: ADDED by ADMIN for easy viewing of latest updates. This is the discussion thread. For the most recent info in an easy to find place, please view this thread:
    http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...es-(Info-only)

Original content by o.p. continues below:
    ---------------------

I just got off the phone with the shop i prepaid for my BMC at and he said they may be looking at august now as there bm are waiting on thunderbolt testing with apple and Intel. I said if its going to take any longer than that i am going to get my money back.

hmm.. not a great report, I will wait for BM to say anything on the matter before I believe any reports.
    -Michael Beck

Comment

the world was created by god maybe!

nah I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed back by august.

Comment

Not to sound like a dick, but when posting this sort of stuff could people give a few more details, ie; the name of the shop? Some shops have good reputations for information and service, some bad. It would be good to know where this source has come from, to then be able to think about whether or not they know what they are talking about.

Comment

No need to kill any messengers here...either it ships this month or it doesn't. I know I would feel much more confident if a group of "prominent bloggers" had fully functional cameras (minus NDAs) and were cranking out libraries of footage for all of us to see. But things are what they are...keep shooting with the camera you're making money with now and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
            I just got off the phone with the shop i prepaid for my BMC at and he said they may be looking at august now as there bm are waiting on thunderbolt testing with apple and Intel. I said if its going to take any longer than that i am going to get my money back.
            On the plus side, they have a camera that's finished enough to be in testing with Apple and Intel. That's a positive, surely?
            Iain Anderson, Apple Certified Trainer
            http://trainingbrisbane.com

Comment

Fire! Fire! Everyone run for the exits! ;-)

Not meaning to shoot any messengers. I can understand why "flatlander" might be upset by news allegedly reported by a "shop". But I'm not overly concerned about ruffling the feathers of an anonymous source yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater, so to speak.

If this "shop" is an authorized BMD dealer then they are likely breaking NDA by announcing anything about the BMCC other than what BMD has publicly announced. In which case said "shop" may be in deep doo doo, and as a result may indeed be waiting a long time for cameras ...

Meantime, we keep shooting with the cameras we have. Don't get me wrong, I really really hope to be shooting with my BMCC well before the end of August. But my GH2, and my client's FS100, etc. will have to do in the meantime. Could be a lot worse.
              www.peterdv.com
              Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

Comment

What's the fire? The cam isn't supposed to be released till Aug. anyway.
                // Aaron

Comment

August is the new July?

Comment

August becomes 2013
                    2013 becomes 2014
                    And before you know it, BMC pulls a Red on us and we'll be presented with a 10k$ 8k system instead!

Just kidding, just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                      August becomes 2013
                      2013 becomes 2014
                      And before you know it, BMC pulls a Red on us and we'll be presented with a 10k$ 8k system instead!

Just kidding, just kidding
                      I hope not !

Comment

an 8k system would be mint though!

Comment

Gimme dynamic range and colour reproduction over resolution any day

Comment

Originally posted by nickjbedford View Post
                            Gimme dynamic range and colour reproduction over resolution any day
                            Great minds think alike, apparently. ;-)

jb on res vs color.jpg
                            www.peterdv.com
                            Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

Comment

How about some NDA-free prototypes out on the streets so reviewers who want to obsess over pixels, noise and shallow DOF can do so? I like at least 10 people telling me what I should think and why. When it's only one person, I get nervous.

Comment

Working...
                              X