Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just told October by a rep at Markertek, not sure if that is reliable, but thought I would share what I heard. If BM is indeed waiting on feedback from the field tests, as much as I hate to accept it.. the October dates sound more likely than not. But maybe they will surprise us.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbinteract View Post
      I was just told October by a rep at Markertek, not sure if that is reliable, but thought I would share what I heard. If BM is indeed waiting on feedback from the field tests, as much as I hate to accept it.. the October dates sound more likely than not. But maybe they will surprise us.
      Crud, yea I was told the same by Markertek yesterday. However, they did say it was just a best guess and that they haven't heard anything from BMD in "quite awhile". The preorder process with them was also a serious flustercuck, I'm sure others that preordered with them have some idea what I'm talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbinteract View Post
        I was just told October by a rep at Markertek, not sure if that is reliable, but thought I would share what I heard. If BM is indeed waiting on feedback from the field tests, as much as I hate to accept it.. the October dates sound more likely than not. But maybe they will surprise us.
        Originally posted by DIT View Post
        Crud, yea I was told the same by Markertek yesterday. However, they did say it was just a best guess and that they haven't heard anything from BMD in "quite awhile". The preorder process with them was also a serious flustercuck, I'm sure others that preordered with them have some idea what I'm talking about.
        This is a quote from ahbleza on the Personal View forum:

"I just received very disappointing information (in writing) from one of the leading Blackmagic distributors in Europe. BM is currently working on a shipment of 10 to 25 cameras for each country so that their distributors can at least send one Demo unit to their preferred dealers before IBC. Their will not be any models that can be sold to end customers because there are not enough cameras available before IBC. Maybe late September or beginning of October first models will be available for sale, but BM does not comment any request for information at this time."
        Here is a response from Kristian Lam from BMD:

@ahbleza

Hi,

This news is not true and the distributor has been misinformed.

Comment

• I saw that as well, but which part is not true? LOL

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
          Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

• we are not getting this camera anytime soon from B&h anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Kholi View Post
              I saw that as well, but which part is not true? LOL
              Yeah I was wondering that too. Hopefully all of it

Comment

• i cross my fingers this information is misinformed

Comment

• heh in any case, Poland has only 2 BM sellers so if it were to be 10 to 25, im probably in
                  Compendium Productions

Cinematographer
                  Mikolaj Kepinski
                  cell: +48 691-724-210
                  +47 400-45-046

http://www.compendium-productions.com

Comment

• I'm sure everything will be smoke and mirros until the actual resellers get their shipments in and then it'll be one huge "SURPRISE" lol

Comment

• Originally posted by mikowolf View Post
                      heh in any case, Poland has only 2 BM sellers so if it were to be 10 to 25, im probably in
                      That's it: I'm moving to Poland! :-)
                      www.peterdv.com
                      Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

Comment

• I'm not sure if living in Mexico will help, there are only a few resellers in here... But not sure if that's a good thing. I don't know if because only a few orders were placed I will get mine first or BM is not sending any for the same reason, that's making me really nervous
                        https://vimeo.com/bulbomedia

Comment

• Ship the Camera only for Resellers´ showroom is stupid:

1-You can watch the camera, try it five minutes and fall in love wth it, but when u decide to buy it, u will be in the number 500 in the list... maybe u can shot the next olimpics to try your new camera.
                          2-Makes users wait another 2 months for the next 10 cameras/country, for a real test of the camera. Lots of people decide to buy things after youtubing-vimeing
                          3-Let the first people in the lists get the camera gives hope to the others and makes a more real discussion about the camera, that means, more marketing than have the camera behind a glass
                          4-Gives more credit to the company, customers first. Resellers already get the money, its enought for them.

Comment

• This just in from CVP uk

"Blackmagic say their Cinema Camera is in 'mass' production & customer deliveries are imminent. Fingers Crossed! "
                            Tom Majerski
                            Cinematographer / Photographer / CGI Artist / Filmmaker

http://www.TetraGrade.com
                            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/

Comment

• Apparently it has begun...

https://twitter.com/cvpgroup/status/241083514412478465

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                This just in from CVP uk

"Blackmagic say their Cinema Camera is in 'mass' production & customer deliveries are imminent. Fingers Crossed! "
                                Baha

Comment

Working...
                                X