• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UHS-II SD Cards With Up To 240MBs Write Speeds

Will be great for BMPCC:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/07...o-240MBs-write
    My Official Blackmagic Micro Footage: https://vimeo.com/155747487

We don't know if the BMPCC will be able to utilize the UHS-II speeds yet. Wait for an official SD list.

Comment

I'm sure the price will be nuts. In theory, the 95mbps Extreme Pro SD cards should be able to RAW DNG's, and for certain could handle ProRes. These seem to out price their usefulness.
      Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

It could lead to other cameras eventually packing bigger and better codecs though.

Comment

Originally posted by dustylense View Post
          It could lead to other cameras eventually packing bigger and better codecs though.
          True, H264/AVCHD needs to die. There isn't a good reason moving forward DSLR's shouldn't have ProRes or DnxHD (licensing can't be that expensive). Plus Cinema DNG is an open format.
          Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

H.265 will replace h.264 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by rick.lang View Post
              H.265 will replace h.264 I think.
              I'm hoping the 5D MrkIV will use H.265 or maybe if we are lucky ProRes.

Comment

Originally posted by alex1 View Post
                I'm hoping the 5D MrkIV will use H.265 or maybe if we are lucky ProRes.
                p
                ... In three years if Canon keeps to its upgrade schedule. Then it will introduce a crippled Mkiv, then when sales drop off show the magic lantern team how to "hack" the camera. So four years.

Comment

Working...
                X