Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nikon to Ef adaptor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nikon to Ef adaptor

    hello all I want to ask u is there an adaptor that can just stick on the ef mount of the camera allowing me to switch Nikon lenses? It is really annoying pulling out the adapter with the lens removing the lens and attaching it to another. please let me know if there is such a thing. Thank u for all ur help in advance.

  • #2
    I have never heard of one. Would be very hard to design given the skinniness of the adapter. Most people just buy an adapter for each lens.
    fluoro.com

    Comment


    • #3
      They are so darn expensive. Well for ones with aperture rings

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by vortex271 View Post
        They are so darn expensive. Well for ones with aperture rings
        Yes they are. I plan on buying the Leitax ones eventually that are semi permanent and screw on. I'm sick of the play I get with the Cinevate ones I have.
        fluoro.com

        Comment


        • #5
          I hear the redrock are really good with no play and also semi permanent. It attaches by screws I believe. http://store.redrockmicro.com/Catalo...Adapter-3-Pack
          3 pack for $100...not so bad.

          edit:my bad...you want the ones with aperture control
          Darren Scott
          Freelance Director/Director of Photography


          https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jambredz View Post
            I hear the redrock are really good with no play and also semi permanent. It attaches by screws I believe. http://store.redrockmicro.com/Catalo...Adapter-3-Pack
            3 pack for $100...not so bad.

            edit:my bad...you want the ones with aperture control
            I bought those redrock one and returned them. The screws dig into the lens mount. Might be okay for some but I think it's a design flaw. You can see in the photo below how it starts digging into the mount. The Leitax ones are more expensive but are a bargain in comparison if you don't want to damage your lens mount.

            _DSC0045.jpg
            fluoro.com

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our adapters Fluoro. I just removed one of my adapters from my ZF lens and I don't see any markings like that. It's just important when installing the adapters not to overtighten the set screws like we show in our installation documentation. We do have a lot of customers that are really happy with their adapters.

              Originally posted by JLdp View Post
              the only good ones for professional use are the redrock ones, after i tried one, i tossed all my others and bought 5.
              even the camera house that my package was being prepped at called me to ask me about them, they are sturdy with no play what so ever. ive tried almost every other cheaper brand and there was always play, impossible to pull focus with a follow focus.
              so if you are serious, then get the redrock ones and dont turn back.
              Cheers,

              Loren Simons
              Loren Simons
              Rig Technical Services
              Redrock Micro

              www.redrockmicro.com

              Comment


              • #8
                do Nikon primes fit in the fotodiox one? does any body have experience with this adapter? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008BBI52U/...?tag=dradis-20

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by redrockmicro View Post
                  I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our adapters Fluoro. I just removed one of my adapters from my ZF lens and I don't see any markings like that. It's just important when installing the adapters not to overtighten the set screws like we show in our installation documentation. We do have a lot of customers that are really happy with their adapters.
                  Screwing a screw into a flat surface so that it does not dig into the metal but somehow provides enough friction to keep the adapter in place is a delicate balancing act I'm not prepared to make with a $2000 lens. It's just a very inelegant design if you ask me. But I'm glad they work for other people as they are cheaper than the Leitax by a bit.
                  fluoro.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vortex271 View Post
                    do Nikon primes fit in the fotodiox one? does any body have experience with this adapter? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008BBI52U/...?tag=dradis-20
                    I don't have this exact Fotodiox one, but I do have this one

                    On a C300 my fully manual Nikkor lenses, have no play whatsoever but on SOME C300 bodies it does focus past infinity, but has been fine on others
                    @bokehtv

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have one of these for every one of my Nikon F lenses and one of these for each of my 2 Nikon G lenses. They were just a tad loose so I put small peaces of Gaff tape in between the adapters and the lenses to make it tight and snug. It works great. I still reach infinity focus and I still get the minimum focus distance. I attach them to my lenses when I'm on a Scarlet or Epic job. I've shot many commercials with them.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        thank u and thank u all testing it will but and get it in a week

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X