This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jake Hellbach View Post
    I doubt this company won't ship anything out by the end of the month as they stated. They couldn't take another black eye.
    But if they ship 5 7/31/13 and proudly proclaim that "shipping in July", they might do more harm than good.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardQuintero View Post
      I dropped by the Adorama store in NYC yesterday and asked an employee if they had any updates on shipping. I was told that they may not get the pocket cams for another 2 months. Hopefully I was misinformed...
      Really? Because I was there this morning and they said all the pre-orders have been filled.

Comment

• probably of the m43 and ef mount bmcc, but definitely not the pocket cam.
        JB Schiess
        Cinematographer
        Textbook Productions
        textbooklooks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by alex1 View Post
          Really? Because I was there this morning and they said all the pre-orders have been filled.
          For the Pocket Cam??? Without an announcement? If true, BMD has missed a real fine opportunity for some richly deserved gloating.

Comment

• If there are significant delays this time, I think Blackmagic need to reassess the camera program and the way it is marketed. These cameras are sold as mass market products, the pricing attests to that and that is the great thing about Blackmagic. They're very much in the Apple mould of wanting to bring technology to a broad audience. The problem is, despite all their best intentions this isn't happening.

Might it be better for Blackmagic to work out how to mass produce this stuff behind closed doors first whilst rolling out a small quantities of development cameras around a worldwide network of shooters and pros who will advise on improving the breed? Then by the time the are able to mass produce them to satisfy demand, we actually have them In Stock and designed to perfection.

As we near final week of July, Blackmagic must be able to estimate how many units will ship in the first batches. That we don't have this info, points to a problem, and that is very sad. I'm passionate about these cameras, hence the frustration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Reid View Post
              As we near final week of July, Blackmagic must be able to estimate how many units will ship in the first batches. That we don't have this info, points to a problem, and that is very sad. I'm passionate about these cameras, hence the frustration.
              I probably wouldn't expect many units in the first shipment at all.
              Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
              http://www.PaulDV.net
              https://vimeo.com/channels/directorpauldv
              http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
              http://www.twitter.com/pauldv

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-...io/58731646898

Comment

If there are significant delays this time, I think Blackmagic need to reassess the camera program and the way it is marketed. These cameras are sold as mass market products, the pricing attests to that and that is the great thing about Blackmagic. They're very much in the Apple mould of wanting to bring technology to a broad audience. The problem is, despite all their best intentions this isn't happening.

Might it be better for Blackmagic to work out how to mass produce this stuff behind closed doors first whilst rolling out a small quantities of development cameras around a worldwide network of shooters and pros who will advise on improving the breed? Then by the time the are able to mass produce them to satisfy demand, we actually have them In Stock and designed to perfection.

To say "this just ins't happening" seems a bit harsh. Have there been delays? Absolutely. Still, both B&H and Adorama, it seems, have fulfilled their backordered EF and M43 BMCCs.

Still, I agree it would be easier on all of us and perhaps a wise business decision for BM to try and make camera announcements after they are in a position to mass produce.
                JB Schiess
                Cinematographer
                Textbook Productions
                textbooklooks.com

Comment

• I don't deny it is happening at all, just that it isn't happening on a large enough scale.

The small quantities are so painful. How are they going to compete with Canon with a handful of units?

I want Blackmagic to be serious player in the video market.

Comment

• It sucks.

BUT there's nothing we can do. Just wait, and it should be fine.

Comment

• I want to be shooting in 4K by the end of August, that's my expectation. (I have something I would like to shoot, and would prefer to upgrade from my GH2 by that time.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Unknown View Post
                        It sucks.

BUT there's nothing we can do. Just wait, and it should be fine.
                        Key word: should be fine. Which means we probably won't be fine. I don't know about you guys, but the only thing stopping me from becoming the next Chris Nolan is the difference in resolution between my 2.5k BMCC and the 4k. It's all I need to become an auteur!
                        vimeo.com/hearnstudios/

Comment

These cameras are sold as mass market products, the pricing attests to that and that is the great thing about Blackmagic. They're very much in the Apple mould of wanting to bring technology to a broad audience. The problem is, despite all their best intentions this isn't happening.
                          Respectfully, these Blackmagic cameras in no way qualify as "mass market" products and any comparison to Apple is, well, creative.

These are very targeted, niche products. "Mass market" consumer electronics are items that twelve year old girls and sixty year old men use. There are one or two or three "soccer moms" on earth who are waiting to shoot their kids in 10 bit, 4:2:2, 220Mbps Prores HQ. (in other words -- they're not competing with Canon)

The point here being -- that if you look at the big picture -- the demand for these cameras is somewhere in the thousands -- world wide. Blackmagic doesn't need to deliver fifty thousand by the end of July. Best case scenario is about five thousand, and the pre-orders are probably south of two thousand. Yes the forum guys and the various communities are excited and worked up -- but to the vast majority of the world "blackmagic" relates to voodoo.

Finally, that Blackmagic hasn't announced any kind of delay at this point leads me to suspect they may be in the ballpark of meeting demand. If they are months behind and haven't made any announcement relating to that by July 19th, well, I'd need to use "****" signs to cover up the actual words their management deserves.
                          Media Production by Andrew Gupta
                          www.andrewgupta.com

Comment

• i cancelled my order and switch to bmcc since i could hold out, plus i only had 0.46 cents in my name the rest was the camera, and I can't keep waiting to here something.

Comment

I'm passionate about these cameras, hence the frustration.
                              I recall how you were pushed up the queu by CVP and got your BMCC EF back in October while almost everyone else who ordered from them had to waite a further 6 months. If you feel frustrated imagine how we feel

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeremy Hyler View Post
                                i cancelled my order and switch to bmcc since i could hold out, plus i only had 0.46 cents in my name the rest was the camera, and I can't keep waiting to here something.
                                I'm looking for a new financial planner / accountant. Are you available?
                                vimeo.com/hearnstudios/

Comment

Working...
                                X