• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hearnia View Post
    Can you make a thread tomorrow titled 16 days? Thanks
    cracked me up
    Blackmagic Cinema Camera Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy Hyler View Post
      and that date is no longer on there if you check now.
      Damn, that can't be good...
      JHDT Productions
      Video production for television and web
      www.jhdtstockimages.com
      IMDB Profile
      www.imdb.com/name/nm4265184/

Comment

Weird they took the date off, yet yesterday they said the pocket cam is expected to be available on the 25th?

http://instagram.com/p/b3l6vPA8XB/

Comment

trying to figure out why i get this on twitter.

Attached Files

Comment

another update i found on the BMD forum.

Comment

I received this.
              SP32-20130718-115609.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...718-115609.jpg
              JHDT Productions
              Video production for television and web
              www.jhdtstockimages.com
              IMDB Profile
              www.imdb.com/name/nm4265184/

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy Hyler View Post
                another update i found on the BMD forum.

Good news. One week to go and they are still planning on the July deadline. Also if B&H and other dealers have started to get cameras in stock that is another good sign.
                Last edited by alex1; 07-18-2013, 09:10 AM.

Comment

If I don't see my 4K in my hands on August 1st, I am cancelling my order.

Comment

When was a camera made by a small camera manufacturer shipped widely on a promised release date? Heck, even the big time camera manufacturers have problems releasing cameras on time and massively. Come back down to reality people. There is a big chance that we will have to wait a while to get our cameras. That's reality, live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by k0bayashi View Post
                      Might as well cancel now. Just kidding, but in all seriousness I'm guessing the BMPCC will be released at the end of the month and the BMPC will be released sometime in August. I mean we haven't even seen BMPC footage yet.

Comment

Originally posted by k0bayashi View Post
                        BMD has committed* to start shipping the new cameras to their distributors by the end of this month.

After that, their distributors start shipping to their dealers.

Followed by dealers starting to ship to end-user customers after that.

Each step, between BMD & their distributors, between distributors & their dealers, and dealers & their customers -- takes time, usually at least a few days.

So, if BMD starts shipping the new cams by, say, the last week of July, end-user customers might not have them until sometime in August.

It's possible BMD will have actually started shipping several days before July 31 and we might not even know about it immediately until end-user customers receive them many days later.

There's nothing unusual about the above process. Happens every day all over the world with every manufacturer and product, with a few variations (for example, some manufacturers ship direct to end-users, etc.)

Don't misunderstand: I hope I receive my BMPC-4K today, but if it doesn't appear until sometime in August at the earliest, that doesn't necessarily mean BMD failed to keep their "promise".

* BMD has said things like "they hope to start shipping by", or "they plan to start shipping by", July 2013. Hope & plan. We'll see.
                        www.peterdv.com
                        Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

Comment

Hmm. I'm not particularly upset - Ill be fine if It receive my Production Camera in August as I ordered the morning of. However, I think it's a bit glib to play the semantics game. Blackmagic said shipping in July to create the impression these cameras would be ready by July. We are now two weeks out and no footage whatsoever. I think with their reputation for schedule, and many adamant statements that these cameras would meet the release date by BM reps, it's fair for people to be nervous and skeptical.

In the professional world, if two weeks out its clear that a project is going to be late you don't wait till the deadline has come and gone to be question the schedule and make adjustments. So I fail to see how the statent "July 31st" hasn't come and gone yet is supposed to appease people who have been burned before by Blackmagic. (Me not being one of them).

Comment

I'm still planning on picking up my camera on July 25th. Practicing with it all of that weekend, the uploading stuff Sunday or Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. DeCrescenzo View Post
                              Hope & plan. We'll see.
                              Hope and plan, or find a sensor and hope you can build a few cameras? I'm not seeing much sign of a plan.

Comment

I am planning on having my camera tomorrow. If this does not come to pass, I may post about it on the internet
                                vimeo.com/hearnstudios/

Comment

Working...
                                X