X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
    Lets not delve into name calling again.

jb
    What am I missing? Isn't "whiner" name calling? If a member on the forum I moderate were to make a habit of calling specific other members a "whiner(s)", I and the other mods would certainly view that as a personal attack. A couple of ignored formal warnings and that person would be history. At the very least, this is redundant to the point of irritation for many and would be very simple to stop...just a small amount of self control.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhood View Post
      What am I missing? Isn't "whiner" name calling? If a member on the forum I moderate were to make a habit of calling specific other members a "whiner(s)", I and the other mods would certainly view that as a personal attack. A couple of ignored formal warnings and that person would be history. At the very least, this is redundant to the point of irritation for many and would be very simple to stop...just a small amount of self control.
      My point exactly. Wasn't directed specifically. Let's not get into personal attacks.

jb

Comment

• Calling someone a whiner is smearing if used in the wrong context. However when used in the right context it is just a descriptive word.
        If someone says the cameras wont be here on time and then go on to explain what is likely to happen in their opinion, crack jokes and hurl insults about when they will be here as well as insult the company and demands the company satisfy their questions followed by accusations of not listening then questioning abiltiy, strategy, professionilism. That is by definataion whining. If the word is deregotary thats because those doing the whining are deregotary. To complain about the use of a descriptive word as offensive is a bit hypocritical and disengenuous. It should be manners and proper to wait until after the deadline. of course though ask questions and if those questions don't get answered consider that the person being asked has nothing to say on the matter.. I understand... It's very exciting waiting for the camera and annoying not to be able to have it quickly. But we are adults and should be able to contain ourselves and patient enough to wait.

Comment

• If only BMD would be more like our parents on Xmas eve and let us open ONE present. Give us something to quench our giddy anticipation.

OR...

we could all GROW UP and wait until Aug 1st (xmas morning) to continue this thread. There really isn't anything else to talk about until then, is there? Don't worry kiddies, Santa will come...but only to those who go to bed early!

See you all Aug 1st. I'm out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard Allen Crook View Post
            See you all Aug 1st. I'm out.
            You're out? You make your first post to say you're out? Apparently you were never in.

Comment

• Maybe if you change the title of the thread to "4 Days..." you people will stop arguing?
              Just a thought lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Darryl Gregory View Post
                Maybe if you change the title of the thread to "4 Days..." you people will stop arguing?
                Just a thought lol
                www.anthonyvescio.com

Comment

• I have a full crew and cast ready to start shooting a feature starting July 31st with the BM4K. I have $95,000 riding on this 4-week shoot and no fallback if the camera doesn't ship on July 25th. /s

Comment

• Originally posted by EdanCo View Post
                    I have a full crew and cast ready to start shooting a feature starting July 31st with the BM4K. I have $95,000 riding on this 4-week shoot and no fallback if the camera doesn't ship on July 25th. /s
                    woah, you really might want to start thinking of a plan B. even if it means renting a camera. Not saying anything is going to happen, but with that kind of money and everyone investing their time.
                    www.anthonyvescio.com

Comment

I have a full crew and cast ready to start shooting a feature starting July 31st with the BM4K. I have $95,000 riding on this 4-week shoot and no fallback if the camera doesn't ship on July 25th. /s
                      That is some very unfortunate planning! After seeing the delays with the last BMCC camera you really need to have a fallback, or you're screwed. Even if the camera ships July 25th, that's just to the distros, who knows how long until they get into the hands of B&H and etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by zebratape View Post
                        woah, you really might want to start thinking of a plan B. even if it means renting a camera. Not saying anything is going to happen, but with that kind of money and everyone investing their time.
                        No way - BM said July 25. I figure with shipping, my brother's 40th b-day party on the 29th and my triptlets' b-day party on the 30th, I'll have 5-6 hours to test lenses, SSDs and learn how to use the camera.

Comment

No way - BM said July 25. I figure with shipping, my brother's 40th b-day party on the 29th and my triptlets' b-day party on the 30th, I'll have 5-6 hours to test lenses, SSDs and learn how to use the camera.
                          Setting yourself up for failure. If it ships just a couple days late you're screwed for your first shooting day.

Comment

• dammit, i missed the /s at the end. good on ya!
                            www.anthonyvescio.com

Comment

• I guess it takes a tongue in cheek player to recognize another player.

Comment

• Hah my bad as well. We need a sarcasm font!

Comment

Working...
                                X