No announcement yet.

Group Buys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owen, Digistor likely could expect a higher volume group order than 10 units once BMD publishes their list of SSDs approved for the BMPC4K. This is turning into a lot of work for you but I suspect you will easily get 20 to 50 units to order once people are confidant it will work well with the new camera. Digistor is at the top of my list as of NAB2013 subject to that new list of SSDs coming in July.

Comment

Originally posted by rick.lang View Post
      Owen, Digistor likely could expect a higher volume group order than 10 units once BMD publishes their list of SSDs approved for the BMPC4K. This is turning into a lot of work for you but I suspect you will easily get 20 to 50 units to order once people are confidant it will work well with the new camera. Digistor is at the top of my list as of NAB2013 subject to that new list of SSDs coming in July.
      Hi Rick,

There are no time limits (yet) on any of the deals I've posted. I basically offered to post some of the deals on the board to see what sort of interest they gather in order to show appetite for such a scheme and to gather some firm numbers for negotiation on price. I expect them to run for a good number of weeks yet - the more numbers the better the deals.

As for compatibility with the BMPC. I fully expect the Digistor product to be qualified for use based on the specs. Certainly on 4K pro res and more than likely in RAW as well.

Cheers.

Owen

Comment

I marked my interest in the AD thread, but I wanted to mention I would likely be more realisticly interested in a discounted mixpre-d. Largely due to price, but also due to my not making much if any use of 3 channels.

Comment

An update on further group buy possibilities.

I've had offers for PAG batteries, Cineroid EVF, Vocas, Cartoni and possibly BeBob products.

I don't want to start individual threads for these unless there is demand.

Any takers for any of these?

Are there any other manufacturers that you would like to pursue for GB possibilities?

Owen.

Comment

Latest manufacturer to offer a discount is Terradek. More info soon.

Comment

[QUOTE=Owenjdavies;68557]An update on further group buy possibilities.

I've had offers for PAG batteries, Cineroid EVF, Vocas, Cartoni and possibly BeBob products.

Are there any other manufacturers that you would like to pursue for GB possibilities?

Vocas PL adapter and dig

Comment

Teradek streaming

Comment

Originally posted by Owenjdavies View Post
                  Latest manufacturer to offer a discount is Terradek. More info soon.
                  I'm in for Teradek, the BOLT in particular.

Comment

an EVF SDI

Comment

[QUOTE=Philip Lipetz;68836]
                      Originally posted by Owenjdavies View Post
                      An update on further group buy possibilities.

Vocas PL adapter and dig
                      We already have a "Group Buy" for PAG batteries over on Reduser, BTW, although the discount is fantastic, no qroup is actually required. Ends soon though...

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...link-Batteries!

Interested in a bright Tangerine GB, if that is out there, BTW.

Thank you very much

Fury

Comment

Originally posted by Srgtfury View Post

Interested in a bright Tangerine GB, if that is out there, BTW.

Thank you very much

Fury
                        Thanks Fury. We bought a Strummer not so long ago. Top notch kit.

I'll certainly ask. Is there any particular model that your most interested in?

Comment

Most Likely the VIV2, with swing arm

Thank you very much

Fury

Comment

What about a set of 4X5.65 filters (.6 nd, .9 nd, 1.2 irnd, 1.8 irnd, Polarizer, something for moire like black mist, gradators, & last but not least attenuators). Either Schneider or Tiffen? This should be a set that will last forever. I've already got my matte box but what would be really cool is a filter set with a matte box and a killer travel case.

Next on the list a power system that has enough power (multiple batteries) to work all day, then fly home if that's how the gig went. A complete system that's able to charge easily, is adaptable from camera to camera, holds its value, work etc? Say 2 batteries and a charger . I really like the whole PAG system https://www.paguk.com/ but it's so expensive. Nice battery mount, great charger that you can stack the batteries on, nice travel charger for 2 batteries, smart batteries that can travel. Maybe the price could come down with a group buy.

Comment

Excellent, Marshall. I endorse both ideas presented here!

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Harrington View Post
                                What about a set of 4X5.65 filters (.6 nd, .9 nd, 1.2 irnd, 1.8 irnd, Polarizer, something for moire like black mist, gradators, & last but not least attenuators). Either Schneider or Tiffen? This should be a set that will last forever. I've already got my matte box but what would be really cool is a filter set with a matte box and a killer travel case.

Next on the list a power system that has enough power (multiple batteries) to work all day, then fly home if that's how the gig went. A complete system that's able to charge easily, is adaptable from camera to camera, holds its value, work etc? Say 2 batteries and a charger . I really like the whole PAG system https://www.paguk.com/ but it's so expensive. Nice battery mount, great charger that you can stack the batteries on, nice travel charger for 2 batteries, smart batteries that can travel. Maybe the price could come down with a group buy.
                                I can certainly ask for a deal. I'll approach a few manufacturers. Although I'm not sure that 4x5.65 would suit everyone due to some using smaller Matteboxes that accept 4x4 or those just wanting screwins. I'll ask them if they'll consider a mixed deal.

As for batteries, I have some good news for you. Steve @ Manios Digital will do you a fantastic deal on PAG power systems. No minimum orders. Best if you live in the US for these as intl shipping would probably be quite prohibitive.

Owen

Comment

Working...
                                X