No announcement yet.

Group Buys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my vote is an EVF, and/or V-mount battery package (batts, charger, adapter plate)

Comment

EVF SDI

lets see if we can get the convergent 7 or the alphatron at a discount?
      www.lightformfilm.com
      https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

Originally posted by gsbe View Post
        What are the practical differences between these? Why might I want one over the other? Weight, recharge time, battery life, etc. I see these terms for the different types and am wondering if this is simply mounting info or what. I'll need to purchase a mountable battery sometime soon and am hoping to learn more about the options...
        V-mount (IDX type) and 3-stud (Anton-Bauer type) are mount types. Don't have anything to do with "Weight, recharge time, battery life, etc." except that batts that have them are sometimes heavier and more expensive than batteries that don't have either of these types of mounts.

A discussion of batteries is somewhat off-topic for this thread. Do a search on sites such as B&H, etc. There's tons of info about camera batteries (with & without v-mount or 3-stud mounts) available online.
        www.peterdv.com
        Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

Comment

emailed smallhd + alphatron to see if they will do a group buy
          Last edited by Note Suwanchote; 06-17-2013, 08:41 PM.
          www.lightformfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by Note Suwanchote View Post
            emailed smallhd + alphatron to see if they will do a group buyer
            Good work.
            historyinthemaking.tv Past (BMCC EF Mount, BMPCC, RED ONE MX) Current GH4 Coming Soon RED RAVEN.i http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5046124/

Comment

gracias
              Originally posted by Peter J. DeCrescenzo View Post
              V-mount (IDX type) and 3-stud (Anton-Bauer type) are mount types. Don't have anything to do with "Weight, recharge time, battery life, etc." except that batts that have them are sometimes heavier and more expensive than batteries that don't have either of these types of mounts.

Comment

I'd already e-mailed Alphatron but not SmallHD.

I've also emailed: PAG, Cineroid, Digistor, IDX, Anton Bauer, Audio Developments, Chrosziel, Zacuto, Sound Devices and Tascam all enquiring about group buy possibilities.

I've also been in touch with Steve Manios of Manios digital in the US who said he can do some group deals on: PAG Batteries and Chargers, Vocas Products and Kinotechnik EVF's (which i think are HDMI but there is a converter that you can get to go with it) amongst a few other things.

I've had some promising replies from a few that i've emailed. I shall post when i have some more concrete details.
                Last edited by Owenjdavies; 06-18-2013, 04:35 AM.

Comment

+1 for EVF
                  Marc Tschudi
                  pixelbreach.com

Comment

Originally posted by Owenjdavies View Post
                    I'd already e-mailed Alphatron but not SmallHD.

I've also emailed: PAG, Cineroid, Digistor, IDX, Anton Bauer, Audio Developments, Chrosziel, Zacuto, Sound Devices and Tascam all enquiring about group buy possibilities.

I've also been in touch with Steve Manios of Manios digital in the US who said he can do some group deals on: PAG Batteries and Chargers, Vocas Products and Kinotechnik EVF's (which i think are HDMI but there is a converter that you can get to go with it) amongst a few other things.

I've had some promising replies from a few that i've emailed. I shall post when i have some more concrete details.
                    thanks a lot for your efforts!

Will trade my as-new BMPCC 4K v.1.0 for two new BMPCC 4K V.2.0

Comment

Originally posted by gmfb View Post
                      thanks a lot for your efforts!
                      +1

Much appreciated!

Comment

Right guys, I've been getting really positive responses from lots of manufacturers and we can expect some group buy offers so far on products from Cineroid, PAG, Kinoptik, Audio Developments, Audio ltd and Chrosziel.

The first of the offers I have is from Digistor who make enterprise class SSDs that have been approved by BMD for use with the BMCC.

The offer is a discount of $40 off the retail price of $499 for a 480gb SSD for sales of 10 units or more.

Not the biggest discount in the world, but better than nothing.

A couple of questions -

1. Should I push for greater discount on higher volumes?
                        2. Shall I start a new thread for each offer that comes through? That way we'll know what's what.

Comment

Probably best to start a new thread for each offer that comes through then people can sign up if interested. You may be able to go back to the supplier for a bigger discount if you exceed their minimum group buy number.

Comment

Originally posted by markmwilliams View Post
                            Probably best to start a new thread for each offer that comes through then people can sign up if interested. You may be able to go back to the supplier for a bigger discount if you exceed their minimum group buy number.
                            good idea
                            will create one now
                            www.lightformfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by Note Suwanchote View Post
                              good idea
                              will create one now
                              Cheers!

Comment

Did anyone try AREA 54, reduser got a great deal on thIer remote phosphor LED lights that are very powerful.

Comment

Working...
                                X