My BMCC Prototype Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My BMCC Prototype Kit

Here is my prototype kit for the BMCC. The production version will be Black.

I spent a bit of time thinking about this one. I have tried to keep the kit as light as possible. And I want to keep the complete cost (not including EVF or lanc controller, FF or Mattebox) well under $1K. The parts will also be available individually, some are already in production for other cams I make kits for.

This version is still a bit rough but it shows the basic parts and how they work.

Anyone interested can contact me directly. olof@westsideav.com or phone 603.383.9283. There will be a first run discount.

I am trying to figure out how large a batch to produce, so even just posting your interest here will give me an idea. I plan to become a sponsor on this board as soon as it is possible. I am a DVXuser sponsor.

Any comments or questions are welcome.

The photos and some captions can also be seen here:
    http://www.westsideav.com/BMCCproto/

picture-1.jpgpicture-2.jpgpicture-3.jpgpicture-4.jpgpicture-5.jpgpicture-6.jpgpicture-7.jpgpicture-8.jpgpicture-9.jpgpicture-10.jpgpicture-11.jpgpicture-12.jpg
    Last edited by Olof; 02-28-2013, 10:12 AM.
    Olof Ekbergh
    Westside A V Studios
    olof@westsideAV.com

That looks pretty solid to me!

Comment

Hi Olof: Can the handgrip & LANC controller be securely attached to rods, as an alternative to attaching it to a cage?
      www.peterdv.com
      Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. DeCrescenzo View Post
        Hi Olof: Can the handgrip & LANC controller be securely attached to rods, as an alternative to attaching it to a cage?
        Yes the Handle is on an Arri Rosette it can be mounted to 15mm rail with an Arrie rosette to 15mm adapter that I make as well as several other manufacturers, directly to the cage or on the multi rosette adjustable arm in the photos. There is also a rosette on the left side if you would like a handle on the left.
        Olof Ekbergh
        Westside A V Studios
        olof@westsideAV.com

Comment

Really like the way that wood looks! Nice work.
          Randy Walters
          boundlessinformant.com

Comment

Working...
          X