No announcement yet.

Blackmagic camera release dates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance of a G2 type sensor in MFT, seems like if they are pushing more to broadcast and events, the smaller sensor may have an advantage, and allow for even faster readout speeds, while still allowing for the dynamic range and organic look we like for cinema. I may be in a small minority at this point, but I actually prefer super16-mft sensor sizes for indie cinema. It is not a focus pulling nightmare when the camera is moving, but can still achieve shallow focus close-ups. I would suspect that doc and event shooters would appreciate the same things, even though Sony and Canon have done well in this market with super35 and now larger sensors.

Comment

https://www.slashcam.com/news/single...y-f-14907.html

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
        Any chance of a G2 type sensor in MFT, seems like if they are pushing more to broadcast and events, the smaller sensor may have an advantage, and allow for even faster readout speeds, while still allowing for the dynamic range and organic look we like for cinema. I may be in a small minority at this point, but I actually prefer super16-mft sensor sizes for indie cinema. It is not a focus pulling nightmare when the camera is moving, but can still achieve shallow focus close-ups. I would suspect that doc and event shooters would appreciate the same things, even though Sony and Canon have done well in this market with super35 and now larger sensors.
        This is also what I expect. I have several super 16 zooms and I would like to have a super Blackmagic Micro Cinema 15 diaph Camera with the form factor of a small Ursa mini pro...

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
          The two segments that are hot are:
          1) FF with excellent autofocus
          2) Cheap, Such as BMPCC 4 6.

1 is for those who make a full time living in this business.
          2 is for the wanna bee's. The weekend warrior DPs.

mft is a slowly dying format. G2's are not selling like G1s were. People aren't running out to replace their G1s.

Used Arris are becoming reasonably priced.

Features that were pretty much BM's forte are now being offered by the majors as well as some features that go way beyond BM.

Super 16 is a romantic format. But not one that is likely to be built as a small exclusive camera.

Its more likely to just be a crop built into a larger sensor camera.

As people are keeping their cameras longer there have to be compelling reasons to buy and s16 isn't that big of a market.

Comment

I've seen that before, keep hoping, but we may be too niche at this point, may have to just give in and get the P4k, I have no pressing reason to get something before spring, may hold out to see what comes for NAB this year. Although if it's something I want, that would be 2 more years haha!

Comment

Just for fun, I checked power consumption, to see if that m43 sensor would be viable in a p4k-like body. The sensor in the UMP draws 6W, this m43 version draws 1.8W, the one in the original pocket was 0.8W. So yeah, maybe it would work. No idea if they'd bother, though, because they have the p6k now.
              My YouTube channel

Comment

BTW: Very interesting links, thanks a lot. The Japanese market is definitely different from what I see here in Spain.
                My YouTube channel

Comment

probably this one:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkBQ186Qyjs&

Comment

M4/3 might be on its last leg, but that doesnít mean that this sensor isnít something to be excited about. This sensor guarantees that Fairchild has (or at least has the possibility for) a 6K S35 sensor and an 8K FF sensor, all with dynamic range & speed similar to the G2.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
                      M4/3 might be on its last leg,
                      So funny, I've been hearing m4/3 is dead for many many years. Yet it keeps on growing with the number of manufacturers and models. I mean there's lterally a thread every 6 months on DP review that's "with m4/3 dying" and it's been like that for 10 years !!

Not everyone is obsessed by 135 format, and I think m4/3 offers a pretty good alternative to those that don't want the bulk of 135 format glass. There's a huge number and diversity of m4/3 lens options natively now too, maybe even more than other mounts. Though Panasonic have introduced a 135 format camera, (whilst still saying they are still doing m4/3) it's been considered a bit of as flop (As a stills camera in terms of sales)

Every decent photographer I know has at least two systems, for me I shoot Leica Medium format, Leica M in 135 and I have m4/3. Nikon are the ones that seem to be going out of business, and canon are struggling to turn around their DLSR legacy into a mirrorless version that sells.

JB

Comment

I love the idea that BM will continue to work on Fairchild sensors in the future. BMPCC 4k and 6k are great cameras, but I love the Ursa Mini, it has such a distinctive look. Believe me, when I watch the Ursa footage on the big screen, I don't think any more "Mmmh this is not Alexa", I just think "Damn, I like it".

Comment

Working...
                        X