P4K to Alexa Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
    UM4.6k when shooting in cDNG can be selected to use Gen 4 colour science in Resolve.
    Originally posted by deezid View Post
    It's still quite different than Gen4 on the Pocket 4K. In fact color is much better on the URSA cameras.
    Is the sensor of Ursa Mini G1 the same as G2?

Comment

Originally posted by Sage View Post
      Is the sensor of Ursa Mini G1 the same as G2?
      I think its the same sensor but UMP and G2 can go upto ISO 3200 that maybe something to do with in camera gen4 colour science or BRaw?

Comment

It would fascinating to compare the uncorrected Alexa shots with the unconnected BMPCC 4K material. It would also prove to skeptics that the same results can't be achieved using other simpler means in the Resolve toolkit. Any chance of a download link?

Comment

Originally posted by jrd View Post
          It would fascinating to compare the uncorrected Alexa shots with the unconnected BMPCC 4K material. It would also prove to skeptics that the same results can't be achieved using other simpler means in the Resolve toolkit. Any chance of a download link?
          .Arriraw and .Braw of the side by-sides are provided with each conversion. Here's a comparison between Resolve CST LogC+Arri 709 and EC 709:

CST

EC
          Last edited by Sage; 12-10-2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
            I think its the same sensor but UMP and G2 can go upto ISO 3200 that maybe something to do with in camera gen4 colour science or BRaw?
            It may be; this is something I'm going to have to look into. I hope that G1 and G2 are identical in color with Gen4, that would be ideal.

Comment

.Arriraw and .Braw of the side by-sides are provided with each conversion. Here's a comparison between Resolve CST LogC+Arri 709 and EC 709:]
              Sorry, what I'm seeking is access to the original files/frames, in their native formats.

Comment

Yes, that's included with the conversion (intended for verification of LogC precision). I'll consider it

Comment

Will this work with the BMPCC6K?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
                    Will this work with the BMPCC6K?
                    Its made specifically for the P4K; the P6K color is a bit different (different sensors, despite universal color space).
                    I intend to do a version specifically for the P6K in the near future.

Comment

Its made specifically for the P4K; the P6K color is a bit different (different sensors, despite universal color space).
                      I intend to do a version specifically for the P6K in the near future.
                      Please do. Have both pocket 4K versions and I love them. Need the 6K badly.

Comment

It may be; this is something I'm going to have to look into. I hope that G1 and G2 are identical in color with Gen4, that would be ideal.
                        I don't think it will be. WHile it is the same sensor family, it's clocked out much faster so they would have had to start from scratch on the calibration side of things (different noise profile too) and the G2 has a tweaked CFA so it's bound to be different. I've certainly seen it has subtle differences in grading.

JB

Comment

Mmm, that's a tough one. In this case, the G2 will take priority, and maybe I can get hold of a G1 down the line once other cameras are supported.

Comment

Working...
                          X