Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RomanStone View Post
    Any plans for an Ursa Mini LUT?
    Yes, I would like to do that. Its just a question of how efficiently I am able to work (now that Gen4 is locked in).
    I'm already wrapping GHa Day Gen4 (granted the tricky measurement phase was already done).

P4K to Alexa | Thierry Brouard | Prémium Paris for Carmen Steffens

P4KAlex Resolve Workflow

Last edited by Sage; 12-10-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Sage please get an UMP LUT ASAP!! I will pay extra! Your LUT is amazing, nothing comes close on the Pocket - don't want to say it, but game changer! Now we just need it for the UMP

Comment

Originally posted by Tatsuo View Post
        Sage please get an UMP LUT ASAP!! I will pay extra! Your LUT is amazing, nothing comes close on the Pocket - don't want to say it, but game changer! Now we just need it for the UMP
        Thank you! I hope to make the process more efficient each time I run through it. The P4K took 6 months (really Gen4), the GH5 should take a month, and then I want to try to do the S in three weeks. I think 2 weeks is roughly the fastest possible pace, if there are no surprises (a tall order)

Comment

Yeh I def need the UMP version. Thats whats holding me back from purchasing the p4k because alot of times I use them as A and B cam. Or just us my UMP as main cam. Only use the p4k as main cam when budget is an issue or if most/all shots are on Ronin. When you do release the UMP version maybe you can do a packaged deal with both included.
          Darren Scott
          Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

What's the best way to rent one or access one?

Comment

Originally posted by Sage View Post
              What's the best way to rent one or access one?
              Lensprotogo is pretty cool I've used them twice when I visited the US.
              Darren Scott

Comment

That's not bad; so they ship it to you, and you ship it back? Its a lot better than the rental house near me; I'd need at least a week I think

Comment

Originally posted by Sage View Post
                  That's not bad; so they ship it to you, and you ship it back? Its a lot better than the rental house near me; I'd need at least a week I think
                  Yup they ship to me and give me a label to ship it back. They also include a lollipop (candy) in there . The cost is pretty reasonable.
                  Darren Scott

Comment

Sage, Let me know too when you have a bundled LUT sale for P4K, P6K, and UMP 4.6K G2. I have all those plus the GH5 that I shoot with and this can help with shot matching I hope. Looks really nice!

Comment

Looks fantastic. I reached out about two years ago about your plans to bring this to the RED ecosystem of cameras. Now that your Gen 4 is completed and you presume things will move quicker, is there any news on that front?

I'm also curious if you plan to model 5219 and other Kodak stocks in this same way you've profiled Arri's color.
                      Aaron Lochert

Comment

Hey Sage,

Not sure what others think, but maybe we can organise a group but/beta testers of users to help offset cost of the UMP hire?

Comment

Hi Sage, if you do make a UMP version would this still work with the original UM4.6k using cDNG?

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
                            Sage, Let me know too when you have a bundled LUT sale for P4K, P6K, and UMP 4.6K G2. I have all those plus the GH5 that I shoot with and this can help with shot matching I hope. Looks really nice!
                            If G4 is any indication, it should be within the next six months. Of course, predictions are dangerous, as I've learned

Originally posted by Tatsuo View Post
                            Hey Sage,

Not sure what others think, but maybe we can organise a group but/beta testers of users to help offset cost of the UMP hire?
                            Well thank you, its not too bad though. The primary effort is just getting it done. Everything hinges on how fast I can support new cameras with Gen.4

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
                            Hi Sage, if you do make a UMP version would this still work with the original UM4.6k using cDNG?
                            I'm not sure (new to Ursa) - is the color different? If the sensor is the same, and the latest BMD color space can just be loaded on the cDNG in the Camera Raw tab, then I think that would work.

Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post
                            Looks fantastic. I reached out about two years ago about your plans to bring this to the RED ecosystem of cameras. Now that your Gen 4 is completed and you presume things will move quicker, is there any news on that front?

I'm also curious if you plan to model 5219 and other Kodak stocks in this same way you've profiled Arri's color.
                            I remember it well. Getting to Gen.4 was vital before camera support could be expanded. The key indicator will be how long it takes for S support (which will begin after the 5 update). If within a few weeks, then things are looking decidedly good on the Red front.

Ah, very good. You're only the third person in two years to ask (another happens to be on this thread, and the third, a UK cinematographer)
                            I can neither confirm, nor deny the existence of such plans

Comment

UM4.6k when shooting in cDNG can be selected to use Gen 4 colour science in Resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
                                UM4.6k when shooting in cDNG can be selected to use Gen 4 colour science in Resolve.

It's still quite different than Gen4 on the Pocket 4K. In fact color is much better on the URSA cameras.
                                My website:
                                www.55media.net

Comment

Working...
                                X