OG Blackmagic Video Assist question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG Blackmagic Video Assist question.

How would the OG Blackmagic Video Assist work as a field monitor for the Og Bmpcc.
    Is the brightness of that monitor enough to work outside without problems?
    Or am I better off buying something like a feelworld monitor or something similar?

You will definitely need a hood, and since the BMPCC is recording ProRes, you don't profit much from its recording capabilities (well, you'd have a backup).
    A third-party monitor would be a good alternative, but get a cage with a clamp for the HDMI cable anyway, or you'll kill your camera sooner or later!

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
      You will definitely need a hood, and since the BMPCC is recording ProRes, you don't profit much from its recording capabilities (well, you'd have a backup).
      A third-party monitor would be a good alternative, but get a cage with a clamp for the HDMI cable anyway, or you'll kill your camera sooner or later!
      Thank you for taking the time to replay

Comment

Yeah, just get a Feelworld m5 or similar. They are cheap and can power the camera from the dc out with the right cable. Big Sony f battery on the monitor and you are good. Note that the monitor power out is not 12v so doesn't charge camera battery, but runs camera just fine with or without a battery installed.

Comment

I got the FeelWorld 7" 4K Ultra-Bright Monitor recently and am super happy with it. Have used it several times outside and have no problems seeing the screen. It has 4x the brightness (NITS) as the old school Video Assist. I bought this one to replace the old school Video Assist because it wasn't bright enough outside.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...htness_on.html
          Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

Thank you guys I guess the Feelworld monitors the one I will buy then.

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
              Yeah, just get a Feelworld m5 or similar. They are cheap and can power the camera from the dc out with the right cable. Big Sony f battery on the monitor and you are good. Note that the monitor power out is not 12v so doesn't charge camera battery, but runs camera just fine with or without a battery installed.
              have you got a feel wold monitor? does it actually output from the dc plug?
              Paul Ross Jones

-------------------------
              www.instagram.com/paulrossjones/

www.paulrossjones.com

Comment

Working...
              X