BMP4K and Ronin S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMP4K and Ronin S

Now that the awaited update for the Blackmagic Pocket 4K Cinema Camera has arrived I'm curious how the camera will connect to the Ronin S.

I saw this post by Kristian on the offical BM official this morning:

"The USB PTP additional now allows gimbal manufacturers to control the camera so there's still work to be done from their end.

Good news is that we have already been in touch with a lot of them during the beta phase of this release so I hope to see some support announced soon".

It appears that the ball is now in DJI's court. I'm just wondering what they might need to do. Upgrade their firmware for one? Release a cable as well?

I know some of you are way into this, having built your own gimbals and such. If you could, please comment. A little more education is always appreciated.

Thanks

I use this combo and it probably is a combo of firmware + cable unless the ronin S will allow usb c to the pocket's usb c. A pretty cool thing to me will be the start/stop or the smartphone functions.
    www.lightformfilm.com
    https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

Originally posted by Note Suwanchote View Post
      I use this combo and it probably is a combo of firmware + cable unless the ronin S will allow usb c to the pocket's usb c. A pretty cool thing to me will be the start/stop or the smartphone functions.
      Hey Note. I think this might be a really good combination. Wondering how and when DJI will get it going. So far they have not been in any kind of rush.

I've been thinking about buying a 'Vacation Lense' for use with the Ronin S as well as handheld with the OIS function of the lens. I might not use it for jobs but I'm seeing good footage from the Lumix 12-35.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Harrington View Post
        Hey Note. I think this might be a really good combination. Wondering how and when DJI will get it going. So far they have not been in any kind of rush.

I've been thinking about buying a 'Vacation Lense' for use with the Ronin S as well as handheld with the OIS function of the lens. I might not use it for jobs but I'm seeing good footage from the Lumix 12-35.
        I've used the 12-35 and it's a solid all-around performer as a vacation lens. I'm not the biggest fan of it's short through but it's OIS is definitely nice.

Here's hoping to the DJI!
        www.lightformfilm.com
        https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

Working...
        X